Windows 1.4 on steam

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You know where I can install it?
No idea, probably off some sketch website to be brutally honest.
Your best bet is going to the stardew discord for challenge and speedrunning and asking as they often frequent older versions to use certain mechanics from them.

Ereo

Helper
No idea, probably off some sketch website to be brutally honest.
Your best bet is going to the stardew discord for challenge and speedrunning and asking as they often frequent older versions to use certain mechanics from them.
Not sure how it works on steam, but on GOG you can manually install older versions. You'll have to turn off the automatic updates though.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Not sure how it works on steam, but on GOG you can manually install older versions. You'll have to turn off the automatic updates though.
And you already need that older "offline installer" (GOG's term) archived somewhere as I haven't found any hidden stashes of really old GOG versions online. I happen to have GOG's v1.3, v1.4, and some earlier versions of v1.5 rummaging about as I have a number of older computers with SDV installed with those installers accumulated in the various Downloads folders.

I mean yeah, totally planned! I've super careful with my game versioning, very important...