Trash cans

Kittykat91

Greenhorn
Do you remember which trash you found the red quartz in? I usually find bread in front of Kent and Jody’s house, cookies in front of Evelyn but I haven’t gotten red quartz yet!
I believe I found it by the trash can at the bar or it was the trash can at Evelyn's house

I play on the switch and I’ve gotten iridium bars, trash, food, and A LOT of bread. Just depends on the day and the luck.

Boo1972

Farmer
I never check the trash can, primarily because there is generally other things I’d rather do. I also hoard ridiculous amounts of everything so I can make just about anything I need. But I think I’ll check the trash cans when I eventually tire of this farm and start a new save. It seems more useful early in the game.

PaaVej

Greenhorn
Getting junk isn't always bad as you can put broken cd's, trash, broken glasses, driftwood and soggy newspaper into a recycling machine to make them into useful things including wood, cloth, coal, iron, torches and even refined quartz.
When can I make that machine?

Odin

Staff member
I am on level 0, can not fish. Get bites, but they slipp away, so have given up fishing
Have you tried using the Training Rod? It was added in 1.4 and only lets you catch easier fish. And as a general tip for fishing, try focusing more on clicking/tapping to move the green bar and don't hold down very much.

Quillmagic

Farmer
I actually got The rare hat. I’m so happy! Faylin’s been having good luck with trash cans, I’ve gotten a Super Cucumber, Lucky Lunch, Pink Cake, and several breads and cookies too! Thank you Gus and Evelyn!
(Also, check them right at dawn, late evening, or go into the nearby houses/areas to make sure nobody’s coming)

Last edited: