Quirks and Habits

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys have any particular habits in SDV that might be a little roundabout or not typical, but you love doing them, whether it be just what you're used to, for immersion sake, roleplaying, etc.

For example I typically am very anti-sprinkler until I can start buying and crafting iridium sprinklers, and even then I am still big on upgrading my watering can asap. I also like to water my cat's bowl even in endgame because I feel like a monster otherwise ): what if kitty doesn't like drinking out of the pond?

My more recent quirk has just been to make a ton of green tea and hold it in my inventory for no real reason other than I really like the item and it gives me warm feelings. I do use it to mass gift since just about everyone likes it but the tea is mostly for me, hehehe.

froggily

Farmhand
I did get the note about how my horse is independent and can find its way home, but I always bring it back to my farm anyway. And I always pet all of my animals, even if they're gonna eat outside that day (which I believe balances out not petting them).

minervamaga

Farmhand
I always organize my tools in a specific way, something like: Sword | Axe | Hoe | Pickaxe | Scythe | Fishing Rod
If it's any other way I always get mixed up when I switch between tools.
I'm the same way, mine always have to be in a certain order. Axe | Pickaxe | Hoe | Watering Can/Sword/Fishing Rod | Scythe for me. For modded players, Better Sort has an option to allow you to lock certain spots so they don't move when clicking sort!

Onenote

Sodbuster
I like to do specific runs. Some of them are your run of the mill "Farming only" or "mining only" but some of my favorites have been the harder ones. Like my forage only run. The rules were I couldn't buy anything from Pierre's or joja, only from the traveling merchant and Krobus (and of course Clint, Robin and Marnie since they could do essential things that you couldn't), I could cut weeds and trees, and I could mine rocks but only outside the mines and I had to go around picking up foragables for most of my money. I could still farm (but only if I got seeds from weeds) and fish (If I had fish ponds) and ranch (though I couldn't buy any birds since there was a way to buy get them other then from Marnie).

This made getting bundles difficult (especially the one where you have to get 5 gold star veggies). But it was fun because I was figuring out how to make the most out of everything and making hard choices. Do I buy that void egg from the traveling merchant so I can start hatching void chickens even though it'll take up most of my money, or do I go for a rare seed instead? Do I use my iron to upgrade a tool or build something?

About the only bad thing about it was that progress kind of took a long time as you might imagine but I was able to build up a relationship with the townsfolk pretty quickly cause I was always moving around and could change my schedule easily if I wanted to try and focus on someone. This run was probably the easiest I ever found Sebastion in fact!

Chaya7

Planter
I always pet all my animals. I guess it just feels nice. Sometimes I check on them outside, too, just to see the dialogue that tells me they're really happy. I always fill my kitty's bowl because she looks so happy about it, running up to the bowl once it's filled. I check on my fish just to hear them tell me they're doing fine. And yes, I hold onto my tea, too. I've sold some, but mostly I hang onto it. I guess I like having tea stored up for some reason. :owo: I have a huge inventory of items that I save for gifting. I have a chest where I just put really good stuff in autumn, so I'm ready for the fair. And even if I have only a few minutes left before collapsing at night, I always make sure to have a gift ready for my wife in the morning.

cozy

Farmhand
i Always pet all my animals every morning, and (apparently this is a weird one??) i always have all my tools on me, even early on when you've got a smaller inventory. the only exceptions are when i go mining (pickaxe, hoe, and food only!) and sometimes i'll leave the watering can. you never know when you'll need them, since nearly everything has a use outside the farm.

Looh

Tiller
I always organize my tools in a specific way, something like: Sword | Axe | Hoe | Pickaxe | Scythe | Fishing Rod
That's exactly how i organize my tools. Are we soul mates? :laugh:

One of my habbits is to scroll through the tools when walking or something like that.. Don't know why but the sound is kind of satisfying. :owo:

Bananapaws

Sodbuster
I'm a hoarder. I have chests everywhere filled with pretty much anything I can pick up. Weeds, rocks, sticks, garbage. You name it, I collect it. I have another thing that I don't do "every" game, but enough to amuse myself. I shower everyone in the village with kindness and love, except for Haley. I root through the garbage in front of her and give her junk. So everyone else in town adores me and thinks I'm perfect, and she probably sounds like a nutjob as she insists that I root through her trash on a daily basis and keep handing her soggy newspapers. I also like to give Pam a pale ale or a beer before getting on the bus, just to make the ride more interesting.

sweetmarjoram

Greenhorn
i always organize my tools in order of what they're uses for, like: watering can, hoe, sickle (for farming) axe, pick (for resources) and fishing rod/sword last since they're the only tools i don't try and have on me 24/7

Zevvo

Farmhand
I feel a bit silly about this but sometimes on my casual save (where I'm not running around crazy trying to accomplish goals) I will imagine real dialogue between my self and other characters, especially when I bring them gifts. I always feel bad when a character asks a question but obviously in game I can't answer. Whenever go to Seb's room to give him sashimi I apologize for disrupting his work because I know he gets annoyed about his friends not taking his job seriously :sheep:

froggily

Farmhand
I'm a hoarder. I have chests everywhere filled with pretty much anything I can pick up. Weeds, rocks, sticks, garbage. You name it, I collect it.
Same here! It reflects my actual real-life tendency to hoard things...My friends tell me I really don't need to keep all that stone I keep accumulating due to SC runs, but I just refuse to throw it out or something. And I always have at least 10 of every crop, 50 for cheaper/more common ones.