Favorite recipes?

Lady Laurus

Tiller
Do any of you like to cook dishes that remind you of some of the food in Stardew? I love making soups and hearty stews using home grown herbs and vegetables I get from the local farmer's markets.

Anhaga

Rancher
I usually make at least 3 kinds of jam every summer (this year it was strawberry, blueberry, and plum). I also made some shrimp fritters today that I think would be a great Stardew addition--they would need shrimp, spring onions, flour, and a plain beer (IRL, they're shrimp in a chickpea flour batter with green onions and parsley). I also want to make some pumpkin soup this winter, but I have to persuade my husband that this is a good idea. He's not fond of pureed soups.

Lady Laurus

Tiller
I usually make at least 3 kinds of jam every summer (this year it was strawberry, blueberry, and plum). I also made some shrimp fritters today that I think would be a great Stardew addition--they would need shrimp, spring onions, flour, and a plain beer (IRL, they're shrimp in a chickpea flour batter with green onions and parsley). I also want to make some pumpkin soup this winter, but I have to persuade my husband that this is a good idea. He's not fond of pureed soups.
He might like it with roasted chicken and veggies on the side. Tell him to use it as a sauce the same way a person would dunk grilled cheese in tomato soup.

Lady Laurus

Tiller
Just finished the last of the homemade sour cherry jam. I wish I had more time to make jams and pickles. But autumns a great time for soups and stews too.
Yeah, I need to learn how to can my own food. I do love dehydrating and freezing food as well as packing root veggies in dirt or sawdust to preserve them for longer.

Boo1972

Farmer
Yeah, I need to learn how to can my own food. I do love dehydrating and freezing food as well as packing root veggies in dirt or sawdust to preserve them for longer.
I have never heard of packing root vegetables in sawdust before. That is good to know.

Anhaga

Rancher
I've never had the right cellar to use to keep them in, to my eternal frustration. We have been known to devote a second fridge to beer and apples, though.