Switch [BUG] Deluxe Barn hay not eaten

lucyrcharles

Farmhand
I just updated the barn to Deluxe almost two in-game weeks ago. When it updated it put out 12 hay automatically and they haven’t been eaten despite the animals being in there for a few days in a row due to rain and festivals.

Chililover

Planter
I just updated the barn to Deluxe almost two in-game weeks ago. When it updated it put out 12 hay automatically and they haven’t been eaten despite the animals being in there for a few days in a row due to rain and festivals.
How old are your animals and are they grumpy when you buy them?

lucyrcharles

Farmhand
How old are your animals and are they grumpy when you buy them?
I had two adult cows and two adult goats at the time, not grumpy. I now have an adult sheep and a baby sheep and pig. None of them were grumpy when purchased or when I check on them day to day. So at least they’re not starving but my hay stock doesn’t seem to go down in the silo

Chililover

Planter
I had two adult cows and two adult goats at the time, not grumpy. I now have an adult sheep and a baby sheep and pig. None of them were grumpy when purchased or when I check on them day to day. So at least they’re not starving but my hay stock doesn’t seem to go down in the silo
This should get patched maybe in the next update or so but for now I would be jumping for joy if I was you lol!

Rotan

Sodbuster
And your not cutting grass thats replacing it? the 12 always stay full. Its automatic. So it looks like they are not eating but they are.
You could be right about your hay not being depleted though. Your not using JBD or what ever it is with the cheats with unlimited hay selected?

Chililover

Planter
Wait a sec, I'm so dumb lol! Are you sure the hay level in your silo isn't decreasing like rotan said the deluxe barn auto feeds/ puts out hay!

Superman666

Greenhorn
Same thing has been happening to me on iOS version. As soon as I upgraded to deluxe barn and coop, all the animals starting loosing happiness. Couldn’t figure out why and it appears that everyday, the silos aren’t changing the amount of hay. Currently in winter, animals aren’t grazing outside. Hay troughs are always full but when I check silos they aren’t going down.

I had read on a different forum that blowing up the hay (so you can pull hay out of the silos) and then manually removing it all and then putting back, didn’t work. Blowing it all up and leaving it overnight to auto fill, works to auto fill but then the next day same thing happened where no new hay has been removed.

I keep trying different things and it seems I’ve been able to get the deluxe coop to work as the animals happiness is back up to max. But the barn is still not working. Each day only few hay have come out of the silos, but not enough for all the animals I have.

I haven’t yet tried moving animals to a new barn and back. Or filling the barn and coop to max animal capacity. Currently barn has10 and coop has 10.