Heartbreaker?

Boo1972

Farmer
Welwick just scolded me for Having a romantic relationship with all the Pelican Town singles. Hey, a girl needs options. But it made me wonder about the approach other players take. Do you court your favorite exclusively? Play the field? Chose based on 14 heart events? Forgo romance entirely? I’m curious!

quirmzi

Sodbuster
I've only courted one so far, but I plan on trying to do another's route. Tell Welwick to keep it a secret; we wouldn't want you to get caught!

Ahhh, I think I've gone to the fair fortune teller once- many many real years ago. and Have trained myself to only see the last bit of the tv. So my mistake in not picking that up. thanks

Anhaga

Rancher
I will try to increase all villagers to as high as possbile, but I don't bouquet anyone but my spouse for that file.
This is my usual strategy. I do have a game where I'm going to give all the singles bouquets, though, so I can see the special cut scene.

__Fishy__

Planter
I was gonna stick to one but I wanted to do a completionist run and so I proceeded to see who had 14 heart events that gave me stuff and married them and will eventually give all of them the bouquet. My next one I am going to exclusively do Abi

callmeglaiza

Farmhand
I'm planning on creating a save file for each bachelor/bachelorette and aiming to decorate based on their characters. I think Shane would be the hardest to match because I honestly am annoyed at how... meh his spouse room is. Hahaha, but he's actually one of my favorite bachelors!

Boo1972

Farmer
I wanted a winter wedding but I can’t decide who to propose to! Maybe Elliot or Leah, Sam’s 14 heart event sounds awesome, but Sebastian likes frogs. It seems like such a big decision! So I have started a second save, who is absolutely marrying Sebastian. Or Maru. Maybe Harvey. I seriously have a problem

Chaya7

Planter
I approach courting the same way I do (did) in real life. I get to know everyone, because that's a part of the game, but find that I like being around one person better and giving her gifts to make her happy. Then one day she flirts with me, and it goes from there. It's so much fun it's almost depressing to get married and have it come to an end, though marriage is nice, too. Out of 5 saves, I've married Maru four times. This last time it has been Leah. I've had other villagers flirt with me but I wasn't into it, so that was that. That matches who I am in real life. Only once have I had three women fighting for me, and I didn't like it a bit. I hate being the cause of pain. So I've never even considered playing the game like some do, by romancing everyone at once or a different one each save.

Junicoo

Greenhorn
I'm planning on creating a save file for each bachelor/bachelorette and aiming to decorate based on their characters. I think Shane would be the hardest to match because I honestly am annoyed at how... meh his spouse room is. Hahaha, but he's actually one of my favorite bachelors!
oml SAME. except for the decorating part -- i have one good layout i've familiarized myself with and decorating on a theme would take me in game and out game days. but yeah i want a save slot for all my boos bc i like the feeling of being able to go to their own farm and be all cute n **** without feeling guilty like there's a person out there who i used to know (but ya didn't have to cut me off, make it like it never happened and that we were nothing -- actually these lyrics are more relevant than i thought they'd be, considering the witch's hut)

callmeglaiza

Farmhand
oml SAME. except for the decorating part -- i have one good layout i've familiarized myself with and decorating on a theme would take me in game and out game days. but yeah i want a save slot for all my boos bc i like the feeling of being able to go to their own farm and be all cute n **** without feeling guilty like there's a person out there who i used to know (but ya didn't have to cut me off, make it like it never happened and that we were nothing -- actually these lyrics are more relevant than i thought they'd be, considering the witch's hut)
And then I'm going to create a save file where I romance everyone and had Krobus as my roommate. Mwahahaha, living the playboy/girl lifestyle hahaha

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
I approach courting the same way I do (did) in real life. I get to know everyone, because that's a part of the game, but find that I like being around one person better and giving her gifts to make her happy. Then one day she flirts with me, and it goes from there. It's so much fun it's almost depressing to get married and have it come to an end, though marriage is nice, too. Out of 5 saves, I've married Maru four times. This last time it has been Leah. I've had other villagers flirt with me but I wasn't into it, so that was that. That matches who I am in real life. Only once have I had three women fighting for me, and I didn't like it a bit. I hate being the cause of pain. So I've never even considered playing the game like some do, by romancing everyone at once or a different one each save.
Leah is definitely the one for me. She's talented and already so independent. Just the kind of woman I like.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Dated all bachelorettes to 10 hearts first play through (Mon and Tues are Gift Days) and went with Penny as her backstory seemed interesting. Dated all bachelorettes to 10h second play through and went with Abigail to see what the fuss was about. As someone mentioned, she gives you bombs as gifts.

This is a Good Thing™.

Maru or Sam next. Maybe Sebastian.

Anhaga

Rancher
Dated all bachelorettes to 10 hearts first play through (Mon and Tues are Gift Days) and went with Penny as her backstory seemed interesting. Dated all bachelorettes to 10h second play through and went with Abigail to see what the fuss was about. As someone mentioned, she gives you bombs as gifts.

This is a Good Thing™.

Maru or Sam next. Maybe Sebastian.
Oooohh, I was wondering why everyone's so obsessed with Abigail (I find her personality to be waaaaay too much like my own personality in my late teens and through my 20s). Bomb gifts makes that more clear.