Destroying my slime hutch?

Hazel

Farmhand
I was thinking of destroying my slime hutch since I never really started to use it and would rather have the space for other buildings (I don't really see the point of it to be honest?).
BUT I was wondering: if I do destroy it, does it mean I won't anymore get slime eggs as a rare slime drop?

Zaphira

Sodbuster
Hello, I have my first slime hutch since a few days in a game and I never had any slime eggs dropping before. Not in this game or any other. I think, if you want to have the eggs, you need the building.

Aine

Planter
The egg is a rare drop, but you dont the the hutch to get it, BUT it is really difficult to drop, I only got one, and I was using the burglar ring, in the skull cavern, with a probably boss slime.

BlazedSpawn

Greenhorn
According to the wiki, once the Slime Hutch has been built, there's a 1% chance a slime anywhere will drop an egg. I've definitely had slime eggs drop from killing slimes. (Nothing like checking your pockets and finding a slime egg. :-) )

I suspect that you don't need to keep the hutch to keep the increased chance of slime egg drops, but I don't know for sure.

margotbean

Sodbuster
It seems to me that the game checks the save file for a field called "slimehutchbuilt", and if it finds it, it gives the possibility of getting a slime egg.
I just tested a save with 2 slime hutches, I demolished them, but the field remained in the save file after sleeping and saving. So, I would theoretically guess that you retain the chance for a slime egg drop. That's a nice little glitch! ...I mean, feature. :D

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Then I will be adding that to my newest, and first, farm on the pc version. I'm trying to branch out and do different things. I tend to always return to vineyards and wine making.
i think it's fun to try once if only to see the different color slimes you can make, but it's definitely not a very profitable option so it is typically ignored. i think it's a great addition to the farm, something different, and can still pay off in some ways though

hope you have fun with it!