Question for the wine makers out there

SnailWeen

Cowpoke
So I know how to cram a lot more kegs into the basement for aging, but as my manufacturing of wine continues to grow, I've got tons more wine than I can age and that will continue to increase.

For those of you who choose wine as one of your major income streams, do make wines you don't age and just sell them? Do you make wines besides the expensive ones or stick with the expensive ones?
I age all my wine. If you're worried about getting income right away then it's okay to sell prematurely before iridium grade. Don't worry about it, it takes a bit to get a steady flow of wine.

tsmooth920

Farmhand
Mhmm! Max without having to displace any when you collect is 125 according to the wiki.

Thing is, it takes 14 days to get to silver quality, another 14 to get to gold, and another 28 to get to iridium for a total of 56 days (2 seasons!) to fully age wine...if your greenhouse is purely ancient fruit, thats 116 fruit every 7 days, and assuming you have the kegs to support it, 116 bottles of wine every 7 days after that. Its not possible to keep up with aging all of your wine at that point, so my advice is fill up your casks, throw a second batch in a chest while those are aging and sell the rest so you can buy all the shinies :smile:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Mhmm! Max without having to displace any when you collect is 125 according to the wiki.

Thing is, it takes 14 days to get to silver quality, another 14 to get to gold, and another 28 to get to iridium for a total of 56 days (2 seasons!) to fully age wine...if your greenhouse is purely ancient fruit, thats 116 fruit every 7 days, and assuming you have the kegs to support it, 116 bottles of wine every 7 days after that. Its not possible to keep up with aging all of your wine at that point, so my advice is fill up your casks, throw a second batch in a chest while those are aging and sell the rest so you can buy all the shinies :smile:
Yes, exactly this! There is a fixed maximum amount of wine you can age per year to Iridium quality (250 bottles without moving casks) and keeping more than that number around is just leaving money in a chest that you could use for something else.

Like a Desert Obelisk or Return Sceptre!

I'm a huge wine freak on Stardew Valley. To the point where I even place kegs in the bus tunnel outside the farm, for extra space.

I basically start with whatever fruit I get my hands on as soon as I have my first keg. After that, it's all easy sailing and wine making. I age them when possible, but usually reserve that method for the higher value wines I produce. I've made basically every wine you can on the farm. It's becoming a problem. Lol