PC [BUG] Shimmering Lights disapearing or out of reach

Zaphira

Sodbuster
Hello

I started playing not so long ago, so these problems may have been discussed already, but the search didn't show any results.

I play in german, so I'm not sure, if I find the right words for some key-words.
In my second game I got the 'copper pan' to wash ore in lakes and rivers. I selected 'tracker' in the rank 10 of the 'gatherer'-profession. Now I get the little arrow at the screenborder that shows things I can gather in yellow-brown and in green for the shimmering lights.

The problems with this are:
- When I see the green arrow when entering a new map and I hurry in the direction, it disappears many times before I get there. If the map is big and many obstacles are in the way the time the spawn is shown is very short. I don't know, if there is a timer for that and how it works, but many times I can't make it to the shimmer. If shimmer is on the other shore of a river and I have to travel around to search the next bridge it's mostly gone until I get there. This happens a lot on maps like Town and Woods west of Town. Is this working as intended?
- Some shimmers are to far away from the shore to get a result in 'panning'. Moving around and try different places and clicking everywhere doesn't help. Am I doing something wrong or are there spots of shimmering lights that don't work?
The spots that come to mind are: south of the bridge leading to museum/blacksmith, in the river north of the same bridge and one on the farm-map 'foraging' in the big pond in the middle.
- Shimmering Lights at location the player can't get to: one green arrow leads to the shore south of the canalisation entrance in the Woods west of Town.

Last edited by a moderator:

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hmm, well it is possible that there are a few "bugged" spots that are inaccessible, where foraging items can spawn. This would result in green arrows pointing towards places you can't reach.
If you can determine the exact spots where that happens, I can fix them. I'm always interested in fixing those spots.
The ore panning shimimers being too far away is known.
disappeaing arrows before you get there? hmm... That should only happen if the item in question is on-screen. It's possible it could be on screen somewhere that you can't access?

Thanks for the reports

Zaphira

Sodbuster
Thank you for your reply. I'll look out for the spots where a player can't get to and I'll try to find out, if the arrows disappear before I get to the place where I would see it on screen or if it's something out of reach.

Zaphira

Sodbuster
Hello

After some (a lot) playing I have some news about these spots outside of the map and the disappearing arrows.

1. disappearing arrows: I observed that a lot on my farm, where my character spends a lot of time. I play on the 'foraging map' and there are some ponds that have some shimmering spots. While working on something on the farm and the arrow appears I did not go immediatly to the spot, but waited some time. There are occasions where the arrow vanishes, but a new one appears a short time later at an other spot.
After seeing this a few times I did some 'research' in town and it was the same. Really just stand in one place and the arrow goes away and another shows up in a different direction.
I decided for me, that I can't get to some spots 'in time', so I won't bother anymore to much. ;)

2. Arrows pointing to shimmer outside players reach: I made some screenshots with comments. If I find more of such spots I will add them.

I hope these pictures help in fixing.

Attachments

murphy

Greenhorn
Hmm, well it is possible that there are a few "bugged" spots that are inaccessible, where foraging items can spawn. This would result in green arrows pointing towards places you can't reach.
If you can determine the exact spots where that happens, I can fix them. I'm always interested in fixing those spots.
The ore panning shimimers being too far away is known.
disappeaing arrows before you get there? hmm... That should only happen if the item in question is on-screen. It's possible it could be on screen somewhere that you can't access?

Thanks for the reports
one time I got a yellow arrow to indicate an item I could not reach, it was up and to the right of elliot's cabin, there seems to be one empty square among the trees where an item spawned