Discussion of reported content

imnvs

Local Legend
While the report is certainly appreciated, it's best not to quote rule-breaking content, then we have to remove that too.
Fair point, but wanted to spare y'all additional reports. I'll find a middle ground next time.

Odin

Staff member
Fair point, but wanted to spare y'all additional reports. I'll find a middle ground next time.
I suppose you could @ them, but honestly extra reports don't hurt. Even if ten people report a message, all the reports get grouped into one item based on the thing reported. Also, I think we're getting a bit off topic, so I split this out into a new thread. Hopefully no one is confused as to why this new thread starts off strange, but I didn't want to keep notifying the OP.

imnvs

Local Legend
Oh, no worries from me about the split. I completely get it. :thumbsup:

I was thinking of quoting but removing any offending material, so it would appear much like:
Something I will not repeat.
Reported.
It ends up looking much like when you have to edit my reply as well, after you've done so, but without including the offending material and is clear to everyone else what's going on?

I mean, it's not a big deal if everything gets clumped into one report with multiple people's reasonings, so I suppose I don't need to bother to save y'all work. It does save on bandwidth, though... so... I dunno what's the better option looking at things that way.

Odin

Staff member
If you wanted to quote the message and then edit it like that, I think that would be fine and would still be clear to others. I just didn't want you to feel like you're obligated to mention that something has been reported. But I also don't see any harm in doing it in that way.