Linux [HELP] RPi4 no sound, Linux version please help

Sabilabi

Newcomer
Hello everyone,

I just recently spent 3 weeks figuring out how to install SDV on my pi(got it running). I'm using the Linux version running on a raspberry pi 4 8gb. The game wont play any sound, Im not sure if I need drivers or to change the output for the audio.

I'm learning as I go so be easy on me, should I post my config file or something else?

Sound works on everything else like videos and YouTube. I tried a forum search with no luck.

I would appreciate anyone that can help or point me in the right direction, this game has helped my mental health dealing with a recent passing and I'd like to get it fully running.

Kreubs

Newcomer
Did you ever get this working? The issue is that it only maps the audio library for x86 and not arm.

In theory, linking the system audio should get it to work.

ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libopenal.so.1 <your_sdv_dir>/game/libsoft_oal.so

I'm on Raspbian Buster and it doesn't seem to work there.

Sabilabi

Newcomer
Did you ever get this working? The issue is that it only maps the audio library for x86 and not arm.

In theory, linking the system audio should get it to work.

ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libopenal.so.1 <your_sdv_dir>/game/libsoft_oal.so

I'm on Raspbian Buster and it doesn't seem to work there.
No luck on my end.

Kreubs

Newcomer
I literally just got it working on mine.

My issue was that I only have the pi 4 2gb so I was running out of RAM. I downsampled the game audio to 22KHz and it works beautifully. You have the 8gb so that won't be a problem for you.

Are you on an Ubuntu based distro? If so, then these steps should work.

If you havent, you need to install sdl:
Bash:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt install libsdl2-2.0 libsdl2-net-2.0 libsdl2-mixer-2.0 libsdl2-ttf-2.0
In the game directory, open MonoGame.Framework.dll.config and replace everything with this:
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <dllmap dll="SDL2.dll" os="osx" target="libSDL2.dylib"/>
    <dllmap dll="soft_oal.dll" os="osx" target="libopenal.dylib" />
    <dllmap dll="SDL2.dll" os="linux" cpu="x86" target="./lib/libSDL2-2.0.so.0"/>
    <dllmap dll="soft_oal.dll" os="linux" cpu="x86" target="./lib/libopenal.so.1" />
    <dllmap dll="SDL2.dll" os="linux" cpu="x86-64" target="./lib64/libSDL2-2.0.so.0"/>
    <dllmap dll="soft_oal.dll" os="linux" cpu="x86-64" target="./lib64/libopenal.so.1" />
    <dllmap dll="SDL2.dll" os="linux" cpu="arm" target="/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libSDL2-2.0.so.0"/>
    <dllmap dll="soft_oal.dll" os="linux" cpu="arm" target="/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libopenal.so.1" />
</configuration>
I assume you are using mono. To avoid some compatibility issues, run this from the game directory:
Bash:
cp /usr/lib/mono/4.5/System.* .
Without this it complained with a lot of warnings.

Finally you should be able to just run the game:
Bash:
mono StardewValley.exe

Arthur_at

Newcomer
Hi ,
I found a way to install SDV on pi but there is no more .exe from gog installer.
How did you do it ?

Sabilabi

Newcomer
Hi ,
I found a way to install SDV on pi but there is no more .exe from gog installer.
How did you do it ?
I actually did it by just typing the file name in the file directory then it appeared it was strange. Go to the Folder when you expected the exe file it should be in something like "GOG/Games/Stardew valley/" get into that folder then type the Stardewvalley.exe to the file directory so it will look something like GOG/Games/Stardewvalley/Stardewvalley.exe then hit enter and it will launch and you'll see the exe file from that point on. It took me 5 weeks to figure out.

If you can't figure it out respond and I'll turn on my pi and check the exact directory. I hope I made sense. You won't be using terminal for this, you'll be using the file directory. Let me know if you get it going.

Arthur_at

Newcomer
Strange it didn't work
got that :
:~/GOG Games/Stardew Valley/game
ls -lah Star*
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 136K 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 888 26 déc. 17:39 StardewValley
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 73K 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.deps.json'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 4,5M 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.dll'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 1,1K 26 déc. 17:39 StardewValley.GameData.deps.json
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 8,0K 26 déc. 17:39 StardewValley.GameData.dll
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 11K 26 déc. 17:39 StardewValley.GameData.pdb
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 1,4M 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.pdb'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 262 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.runtimeconfig.json'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 147K 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.xml'

I tried on upper directory and still no .exe files

I started mono StardewValley.exe and others binairies but still doesn't work.
Thank for your replies.
A.

Sabilabi

Newcomer
Strange it didn't work
got that :
:~/GOG Games/Stardew Valley/game
ls -lah Star*
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 136K 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 888 26 déc. 17:39 StardewValley
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 73K 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.deps.json'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 4,5M 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.dll'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 1,1K 26 déc. 17:39 StardewValley.GameData.deps.json
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 8,0K 26 déc. 17:39 StardewValley.GameData.dll
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 11K 26 déc. 17:39 StardewValley.GameData.pdb
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 1,4M 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.pdb'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 262 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.runtimeconfig.json'
-rwxrwxr-x 1 diego diego 147K 26 déc. 17:39 'Stardew Valley.xml'

I tried on upper directory and still no .exe files

I started mono StardewValley.exe and others binairies but still doesn't work.
Thank for your replies.
A.
home/pi/GOGGames/StardewValley or whatever it was on your directory then manually type it to read home/pi/GOG Games/Stardew Valley/StardewValley.exe get into the Stardew game directory and type the StardewValley.exe and click enter. I didn't use terminal. It's almost like the exe is there but hidden until you try to access it through the navigation bar.

It's case sensitive, if it doesn't work for you idk past that I'm not great with this stuff.

I ended up using Twister OS specifically to install cause it has box86, wine and mono pre installed.