Shadow (not shadowy) figure walking around...?

JoeSldr

Newcomer
Came across something today that I wasn't expecting and was wondering if anyone else has any info. Left the tunnel, rode onto the Bus Stop map, and a shadow figure (not the "shadowy figure") walked out from behind the bus and into the tunnel map. Sprite was similar to a male townsperson but all in black. Completely caught me off guard. Went to follow him/her/it but was nowhere to be found. Tried looking it up online but have come across nothing. Any ideas?

Note: if you're trying to replicate, here's when/where it happened.

Sat. 27, Summer, Year 6, 11:40 pm. Entered Bus Stop map from the Lower Backwoods map. Gear in bag: Iridium tools, Golden Scythe, Return Scepter, Horse flute, Copper Pan, Battery Pack, Chest, Cinder Shard, Dragon Tooth, Taro Tuber, Mussel, Rabbit's Foot.

tori

Greenhorn
This just happened to me! It is winter 22nd at 11:00pm. I entered the bus stop from the town side and saw it. I tried to catch up to it but even though I was on my horse I couldn't catch it before it go to the tunnel. I was searching to see if I missed something. Must just be random.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This just happened to me! It is winter 22nd at 11:00pm. I entered the bus stop from the town side and saw it. I tried to catch up to it but even though I was on my horse I couldn't catch it before it go to the tunnel. I was searching to see if I missed something. Must just be random.
It has a certain very small chance to happen every frame in certain areas once the broken capsule breaks.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I've had that stupid capsule for literal in-game years and I've never seen anything weird come of it. Maybe I should go smash it with my hammer a few times to make sure the thing really is out...?
Is it the "Strange capsule" or "Broken capsule"?
Even if it is broken the chance is very low, you will see it if you stay for a long while in the areas in which it will appear, same with the sea monster.

MissDandy

Farmer
Is it the "Strange capsule" or "Broken capsule"?
Even if it is broken the chance is very low, you will see it if you stay for a long while in the areas in which it will appear, same with the sea monster.
It's definitely the strange capsule. I just don't spend too much time off the farm and in the town after dark.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It's definitely the strange capsule. I just don't spend too much time off the farm and in the town after dark.
It wouldn’t trigger the event with a strange capsule as the creature is still “inside” the capsule.

You'll need to leave the capsule placed somewhere it won’t get destroyed for ~3 days and it will break.

Then you are able to trigger the frame chance to trigger the event.

MissDandy

Farmer
It wouldn’t trigger the event with a strange capsule as the creature is still “inside” the capsule.

You'll need to leave the capsule placed somewhere it won’t get destroyed for ~3 days and it will break.

Then you are able to trigger the frame chance to trigger the event.
Well it was the strange capsule that I let sit on the farm for three days, then it became the broken capsule, and like I said I just don't think I've triggered the event yet.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Well it was the strange capsule that I let sit on the farm for three days, then it became the broken capsule, and like I said I just don't think I've triggered the event yet.
Yeah, so it was the broken.

Do note that it has a super small per frame chance of triggering and even then you have to see it as it isnt obvious on your screen.

imsohot21

Greenhorn
That "thing" came running out of nowhere. and also it was 11pm Mon 1 of fall, year 2, and only a few in-game days ago the strange capsule broke

Lew Zealand

Helper
That "thing" came running out of nowhere. and also it was 11pm Mon 1 of fall, year 2, and only a few in-game days ago the strange capsule broke
Hey cool, so you saw it! I *think* i saw it near the sisters' house when entering the town from Cindersap once but I'm not a good noticer of subtle things so it could just have been dust or maybe a visiting Encyclopedia salesman looking for Penny.