Solved Looking For Help Changing Dialogue

maggiebeq

Newcomer
I'm trying to dip my feet into the world of modding, and I had recommendations from folks online that I start by working on a mod to switch out an existing NPC for a custom one, since apparently that would include looking at most of the "basics" for how the game works.
I've started with trying to change dialogue, but I'm not entirely sure what to do. I've seen a few guides online (the one I understood best was by Alpha_Omegasis) but I seem to be doing something wrong, as when I pull up the existing code for a character's dialogue in notepad, it's gibberish.
snip.PNG

I know there's meant to be some strange symbols and letters just because of how coding works, but as you can see, this doesn't say anything at all, and I don't know where I would even begin changing things.
I've gone with Robin because I'm pretty sure she's one of the earlier characters the player gets to talk to, so hopefully I'd be able to "test" and see if the dialogue changes actually work, but obviously I can't do that when I don't even know where to start (:laugh:).

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Last edited by a moderator: