Stardew planner and immovable bushes

Pangaearocks

Planter
Like many others, I like to use the Stardew Planner to sketch out a farm design, at least roughly. It's a great tool. However, I've noticed several times now that some of the bushes on the farm that cannot be removed, are not part of the planner, which has messed up my design. Last time it was with regards to obelisks to the right of the house. This time on the Riverlands map, I suddenly notice there are some bushes roughly between the house and the greenhouse. The idea was to have some fish ponds there, but apparently that won't be possible due to said bushes. I've looked around at data overlay and such, but can't get these immovable bushes to show up, so I can plan better in the future. Do you know of a way to get them to show up?

I had plotted down the below, which sadly won't work because there happens to be bushes underneath some of the fish ponds 😰

Riverlands plan rough.png

Pangaearocks

Planter
Some bushes on the farm (including those ones) can be chopped down with a copper axe or higher.
MIND. BLOWN!

Am sure I must have tried that before, but maybe it was with the starting axe, and that is why it didn't work, and then it stuck and I never tried again. My jaw dropped agape when I tried now in-game and one of them was removed. But don't think it works to remove all of them? And doesn't appear like we can remove those annoying ones NE of the shipping box?

Elenna101

Farmer
MIND. BLOWN!

Am sure I must have tried that before, but maybe it was with the starting axe, and that is why it didn't work, and then it stuck and I never tried again. My jaw dropped agape when I tried now in-game and one of them was removed. But don't think it works to remove all of them? And doesn't appear like we can remove those annoying ones NE of the shipping box?
Yeah, some bushes are just permanent and it seems those ones near the shipping bin are permanent. I'm surprised the planner lets you place stuff there, honestly.
I checked and all the ones where you wanted to put fish ponds should be removable though.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, some bushes are just permanent and it seems those ones near the shipping bin are permanent. I'm surprised the planner lets you place stuff there, honestly.
I checked and all the ones where you wanted to put fish ponds should be removable though.
Thing is, building by the shipping bin is problematic in many ways. The worst part about it is that there are so many unbuildable spaces with no justification. They're just ground... but you can't build or place things in those tiles. Frustrating AF.

Pangaearocks

Planter
Thing is, building by the shipping bin is problematic in many ways. The worst part about it is that there are so many unbuildable spaces with no justification. They're just ground... but you can't build or place things in those tiles. Frustrating AF.
Think that is to allow space/path to the spouse area north of the shipping bin. I'm more frustrated by the bushes tbh, because they can't be removed, and I'd love to place an obelisk up in that NE corner for example.

Odd that the planner hasn't disallowed building in those spots, though, because it seems to be the same for all maps (tho admittedly I've only tried two). It does have red squares for those for the path to the spouse area, but the bushes don't even show up.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Think that is to allow space/path to the spouse area north of the shipping bin. I'm more frustrated by the bushes tbh, because they can't be removed, and I'd love to place an obelisk up in that NE corner for example.

Odd that the planner hasn't disallowed building in those spots, though, because it seems to be the same for all maps (tho admittedly I've only tried two). It does have red squares for those for the path to the spouse area, but the bushes don't even show up.
I've had this same problem, especially where there isn't even a bush there in the SDVPlanner site or map, but it's an unplaceable spot on the map. In the same area you're describing and I want to put an Obelisk there. Instead the Obby's one tile to the left and it doesn't look bad, just not what I wanted. Beach Map.