Standard Farm Fall of Year 8

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yeas 8 and you haven't sold out to the FarmoIndustrial-100%-of-tiles-planned-out complex. It's beautiful! Brings a tear to the eye.

I don't remember exactly how this works but do you have to do a lot of fence maintenance or do you have a super-schneeky Gold Clock hidden somewhere? Like behind a Mushroom Tree or Pig posterior.

Or a Picture of Dorian Year8Farm hidden in the attic. Which is my personal preference...

Lew Zealand said:
Or a Picture of Dorian Year8Farm hidden in the attic. Which is my personal preference...
🤣
I'm not yet so tired of life to give my youth away to some picture. It would save the fences perhaps, but not me! 😁

Thank you! 🥰

Well, strange enough, my hardwood fences didn't decay yet, not a single post. And they are, if I remember correctly, three or four years old. Before I didn't use fences, but eventually got fed up with the dumb animals trampling around in my beds and getting in the way everywhere.
The Golden Clock and the last Stardrop are the last items I'm after for perfection. I am only 1.7 million and two hearts with Maru short. She now gets a battery from me every day. And every time she screams: "Is that...? Oh wow, Amanda! This is spectacular!" Cool down, lass, it's a bloody BATTERY, of which you already have a whole chest full!

And I will never sell out to the FarmoIndustrial 100 % - NEVER EVER!

Jayamos

Farmer
The closer I look at this the more I like. Is that a maze in the mushroom grove? And a fire pit by the little pond? I would not have thought of setting up my field like that but it makes perfect sense for how the Junimos harvest and I like the look. I like the trees by the house. And I too love that style, organized enough to get chores done, natural enough to provide some surprises.
Thanks for sharing! Seeing other people’s maps is one of my favorite parts of the forums.

Is that a maze in the mushroom grove? And a fire pit by the little pond?
Oh wow, thank you, I'm happy you like it! 🥰
Double yes - it's a maze and a fire pit.
When I started playing SDV years ago and was really keen on making my farm look like a kind of landscape park, the "creepy maze" was my first idea. I tried it out again and again in many, many saves, each time in a different way. I like this one quite a bit now. The only problem is that you always have to cut down the trees in between because they block the view of the statues. It would be great if there were hedges or bushes in SDV!

I did consider tea saplings too - as you can see, I've planted six of them (in pots) at the entrance to the cave, but I backed off from the idea of surrounding my maze with it - just look at how big it is! On the other hand, I do have enough time now that the only things I'm still missing are the Golden Clock and a few hearts with the ladies whose hearts I broke 😳, so I could afford to undertake this kind of labour. In any case, it would look nicer than it does now. Thanks for the inspiration!

nicodeux

Farmer
And I will never sell out to the FarmoIndustrial 100 % - NEVER EVER!
How I understand you: I always need trees and grass randomly spread on my farms for the sole purpose of being there and I like the various items to not be placed in a square pattern.
It's good to see that I'm not the only one who built a maze in the middle of a giand mushrooms forest! 😁

How I understand you: I always need trees and grass randomly spread on my farms for the sole purpose of being there and I like the various items to not be placed in a square pattern.
Exactly. 🙂

It's good to see that I'm not the only one who built a maze in the middle of a giand mushrooms forest! 😁
As you can see from my comment there, I was just admiring your Overhill Farm, but couldn't find a maze in a mushroom forest - do you have screenshot of it?

tis very awesome! I like it a lot! yay for fabulous feral farming!
I also like that your obelisks are on the four different corners of your farm. Lazy me would hate having to walk/ride all that way.
Thank you! 😍

FFF - fabulous feral farming - that's good, I like it. 😄

This arrangement of the obelisks would not be so bad for lazy you LOL - I rarely use the Earth and the Water obelisk, and when I do, my horse takes me there quickly. What I use all the time are the Desert and the Island obelisk. The latter is now where the water obelisk is in the screenshot (lazy me swapped the two), and to the former I get in no time via intermediate transport through my mini obelisks: one in front of the house, the other next to the Slime Hutch.

Besides - since I reached Perfection (which happened yesterday - yay! 🎇), I don't even want to move fast anymore. I'm going to gradually get rid of my production and make a real garden out of my farm.

nicodeux

Farmer
As you can see from my comment there, I was just admiring your Overhill Farm, but couldn't find a maze in a mushroom forest - do you have screenshot of it?
The mushroom maze/forest is from another farm, which happens to be one I'm almost fully reworking. I never managed to get a satisfiying backstory for this farmer and this can be seen in the eratic and always evolving design of the farm.

Fortunately, the mushroom forest is on the part of the farm that I do appreciate, so I should be able to share a cropped screenshot of it. :smile:

FairyRing

Farmer
Thank you! 😍

FFF - fabulous feral farming - that's good, I like it. 😄

This arrangement of the obelisks would not be so bad for lazy you LOL - I rarely use the Earth and the Water obelisk, and when I do, my horse takes me there quickly. What I use all the time are the Desert and the Island obelisk. The latter is now where the water obelisk is in the screenshot (lazy me swapped the two), and to the former I get in no time via intermediate transport through my mini obelisks: one in front of the house, the other next to the Slime Hutch.

Besides - since I reached Perfection (which happened yesterday - yay! 🎇), I don't even want to move fast anymore. I'm going to gradually get rid of my production and make a real garden out of my farm.
Yay for perfection congrats!

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I do recommend using tea bushes as fences instead of fences that require upkeep.
Eeeeeeeeeeeee! I am so going to try this with my next farm. Working with their non-walkability instead of fighting it. AND a maze. Or maybe just a maze.

I've also heard of making mazes out of trellis crops (and selectively placed sprinklers) -- but then you need to build it each season. And honestly I'm just not keen on most trellises.

nicodeux

Farmer
@ThePerfectGarden as promised, here is a glimpse on the mushroom maze I'm working on.
Melia_7-28-2022_73270497.png
I'm waiting for the mushrooms to spread on the bottom left patch and then I'll probably open a small clearing in the middle of the maze and place a bench or two there. I also think that I shall drop the fences (at least on the eastern edge), once I decide what to do with the currently open area on the right (like add a tree forest or extend the mushroom maze).