Switch [BUG] Crops wilting for no reason

MoonChild2233

Newcomer
I have had this bug for a while and I thought I'd make a post about it! No matter how well I take care of my crops, a select amount will decide to wilt. I water them, have scare crows, it's not a season change, the whether is clear. I'm not quite sure why this is happening, but I'm thinking it's a bug.

It may be a bug but it most likely Isn't. This could be happening because of thunderstorms, or you may have just missed a spot while watering your crops ( Even though It's a small chance you wouldn't see the dry spot. ). When it thunders there is a chance your crops may be hit by lightning. I'm pretty sure there is a way of preventing lighting from striking your crops by having lighting rods.

Ereo

Helper
It may be a bug but it most likely Isn't. This could be happening because of thunderstorms, or you may have just missed a spot while watering your crops ( Even though It's a small chance you wouldn't see the dry spot. ). When it thunders there is a chance your crops may be hit by lightning. I'm pretty sure there is a way of preventing lighting from striking your crops by having lighting rods.
Crops will not wilt if you forget to water them, they'll simply not grow that day.

Wilted crops have three reasons: lightning strikes, season change and planting wild seeds. The wild seeds will continue to grow even if they look wilted, they just sometimes use the dead plant sprite.

Crops will not wilt if you forget to water them, they'll simply not grow that day.

Wilted crops have three reasons: lightning strikes, season change and planting wild seeds. The wild seeds will continue to grow even if they look wilted, they just sometimes use the dead plant sprite.
What I meant when I said that is basically if you have a spot behind a scarecrow and forget to water it for 3-4 days it may wilt. But I personally don't know or have any experience with forgetting to water plants for a long period of time. But thank you for informing me.

Skeeziks

Planter
An easy way to check if they are wilted or just wild seeds that look wilted is to use your scythe on them. If they are wild seed plants, they won't be affected. If they are wilted, the scythe will remove them.