Stardew Theory Thread! (Warning: May Contain Spoilers)

Cptldsilver

Planter
I wonder if grandpa is really dead. The beginning video implies he died, but we don't see his body or actual death. There's also no other ghosts than grandpa's "ghost". Maybe grandpa is Mr qi. He got bored of his late game farm and decided to fake his own death and trick his grandchild into coming to stardew valley. Now he watches over the farmer, guiding them towards riches and adventure while protecting them from harm. Maybe he's the one that ensures the farmer is always rescued in the mines or gets back to his bed at night. He wouldn't have to do it himself, just alert a townsperson of the danger. He does have the entire valley under surveillance and he's able to traverse the skull cavern with ease. It's also never really revealed what his motivation for helping the farmer is.

hexnessie

Farmer
OK, my conspiracy theory for SDV.

YOU NEVER STOPPED WORKING FOR JOJA CORP.
The owner, (Mr. Qi), earmarked you for his pet project. You got brainwashed into thinking you inherited a farm from a grandfather, and that you are fighting the Evil Corp. while you are actually perpetuating its interests and infiltrating the resistant rustic community of Pelican Town.

You are the sleeper agent for Joja.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I wonder if grandpa is really dead. The beginning video implies he died, but we don't see his body or actual death. There's also no other ghosts than grandpa's "ghost".
Hate to burst your bubble but there are ghost enemies in the mines. Also ghost fish.

OK, my conspiracy theory for SDV.

YOU NEVER STOPPED WORKING FOR JOJA CORP.
The owner, (Mr. Qi), earmarked you for his pet project. You got brainwashed into thinking you inherited a farm from a grandfather, and that you are fighting the Evil Corp. while you are actually perpetuating its interests and infiltrating the resistant rustic community of Pelican Town.

You are the sleeper agent for Joja.
This is most likely the true story of Stardew. Grandpa was never really your grandpa, but rather part of your adoptive family, all of whom work for Joja. That's why your parents don't visit you. They are under orders to leave you be. But rather than it being an "infiltration", instead they have set you loose upon the unsuspecting town, seeing in which way you see fit for the town to develop. Which direction it should take and why. Morris, meanwhile, is oblivious to all of this, as a low-ranking Joja underling. Instead, only certain parts of the Corp are aware of this, and represent a separate section/cell/faction of Joja not known about by the majority of it's employees.

Also Sandy is secretly best girl but under orders from Qi to not visit the valley. If Qi is the true antagonist/prime mover of events in the valley, or if he's simply working for someone else, well that remains to be seen.

However, I do wish they'd stop importing their robotic parrots into the valley/ginger island. *cue the 'all birds have been replaced by drones' conspiracy*

Last edited:
You are in the Truman show. People are always watching you. That's why this mysterious events happen overnight. Also you can eat 400 red mushrooms and not be unalived. You are only allowed to move between 3 areas unless it's a very special episode of "The Rancher: Will you be my Mermaid"

Who really is Yoba? There is a book, Highlights From The Book Of Yoba. Is it all that is left from the original Book? There is a shrine and altar but no priest. The eye in the town square, the w shaped statue you can buy. Pam has one too.

Who is Mona? Was that her house behind Jodi's? Is that the patient Harvey talks about losing? Is that why he ditches work to stand in the empty lot?

imnvs

Local Legend
Who the heck is Mona?
Yes, that's essentially what PoppyForPenny asked.

...or were you more fundamentally confused, like "Who's this Mona folks are talking about?" Because if so, she has a headstone in the graveyard that reads, "Our Beloved Mona". Depending on why she's there, Abigail will stand beside or in front of it when hanging out there.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Maybe Mona was Abi's other mom. Wait...that doesn't make sense...Unless Carolyn is Abi's step-mom. Pierre's secret stash is his long lost photos of his mother, and the reason why he immerses himself in his business is because that's the only way he can forget about her for a time. Carolyn knows this but loves him anyways, despite her never really filling the hole left behind in his heart. As a result, Abi has become obsessed with the Occult, and often visits the Wizard in an attempt to learn how to resurrect her deceased mother, and that's also why she recklessly ventures into the mines from time to time, with no regard for her own life in an attempt to find resources that may help in her goal.

I think Mona was Jas's mom. Given the relative age of jas to abi I could see this being her baby sitter growing up. This could imply a near older sister bond which is the reason Abigail goes to visit her grave so often. This would have a an implication that maybe the abandoned house used to be hers and that's why Jas lives with Marnie. Instead of else where as Shane being a god parent moved from Zuzu as Jas was here.

The only problem is Marnie doesn't mention Jas's parents at all so we don't know if Shane moved back after his bro/sis died or if he just got kicked out

Oh her cause of death was investigating the box in the tunnel after pam drank two mugs of stardrop absinthe with a cactus fruit brandy chaser

FairyRing

Farmer
How does a dino lay an egg bigger than their waist. We have to accept some realities as otherwise it gets disturbing.
Also astrolorps get really big sometimes. Had a rooster who was around 27-30 inches tall. Weighed almost 5lb so yeah a chicken can get big. Not ours but this is about what he looked like
Amazing!

Lew Zealand

Helper
How does a dino lay an egg bigger than their waist. We have to accept some realities as otherwise it gets disturbing.
Also astrolorps get really big sometimes. Had a rooster who was around 27-30 inches tall. Weighed almost 5lb so yeah a chicken can get big.

Not ours but this is about what he looked like
Wow! If I got to hug a chicken that big, I'd have the same big fat smile on my face, too!

/jealous

LRangerR

Local Legend
Also astrolorps get really big sometimes. Had a rooster who was around 27-30 inches tall. Weighed almost 5lb so yeah a chicken can get big. Not ours but this is about what he looked like
I like how this kid is straight up suplexing that chicken.

Noice.