do I need all animals for jumino quest?

Tinks

Planter
so on Kenny's Farm I've gone the JoJo warehouse route to get Pam working again cos it was gonna be quicker and important to Penny's happiness, but on Forest Farm I was gonna go the Jumino's route to get the greenhouse fixed up first.

Most bundles are fairly easy to get ...the crops of each season but the animal bundle is in the room where you get the greenhouse repaired for getting them all... it wants cows milk, goat milk, eggs, cheese, mayo and wool (I think).

So far on FF I only have 4 ducks, 4 chickens but was planning on goats for milk and cheese....didn't want cows or sheep on this farm, but was possibly considering rabbits, so could get wool from them, but where can I get the cows milk from without having cows? The shop doesn't sell it!! (what kind of village shops doesn't selll milk and eggs!!)

Do any villagers gift cows milk to you if you befriend them a certain amount or do a task for them????

Also.... I found a 'strange capsule' on the farm, I can't put it in shipping bin or give it to museum...what am I supposed to do with it???

Thanks

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hey Tinks!

didn't want cows or sheep on this farm
Why not? You can get away with no Sheep (because Rabbits give you Wool as well), but Cows are a staple. You could sell the Cow(s) after you've collected a significant amount of Milk, if you wanted to, but I recommend keeping a Cow or two around. Milk is a very important cooking ingredient; 12 Recipes require it. Technically you could use Goat Milk for the recipes, but Cows give you Milk twice as often as Goats do.

cows milk, goat milk, eggs, cheese, mayo and wool
Large Milk, Large Brown Egg, Large White Egg, Goat Milk, Wool and Duck Egg can all be used, but you only need 5 of the 6. Since you already have Chickens and Ducks, that's 3 slots taken, I'd go for a Cow and a Goat (requiring a Big Barn). If you get a Cow and a Goat, then it'll help for the Artisan Bundle.

Do any villagers gift cows milk to you if you befriend them a certain amount or do a task for them?
Yes, if you've fixed the Bus, then there is a small chance that the NPC there will give you Milk upon as part of a conversation. There is also a slim chance that it might appear in the Traveling Cart's stock for a very large sum of cash. Cows are the way to go.

Also.... I found a 'strange capsule' on the farm, I can't put it in shipping bin or give it to museum...what am I supposed to do with it?
Nothing really, after a certain point it'll break. You can use it as decoration, or you can put it in a chest and never look at it again. Supposedly something else will happen down near Jodi's house, but it didn't happen for me.

Hope this helps!

Tinks

Planter
Hey Tinks!

Why not? You can get away with no Sheep (because Rabbits give you Wool as well), but Cows are a staple. You could sell the Cow(s) after you've collected a significant amount of Milk, if you wanted to, but I recommend keeping a Cow or two around. Milk is a very important cooking ingredient; 12 Recipes require it. Technically you could use Goat Milk for the recipes, but Cows give you Milk twice as often as Goats do.

Large Milk, Large Brown Egg, Large White Egg, Goat Milk, Wool and Duck Egg can all be used, but you only need 5 of the 6. Since you already have Chickens and Ducks, that's 3 slots taken, I'd go for a Cow and a Goat (requiring a Big Barn). If you get a Cow and a Goat, then it'll help for the Artisan Bundle.

cos I was doing Kenny's Farm as a dairy farm so that farm has cows on and chickens for the eggs so can do mayo as well as cheese. I may get sheep too on that farm as there's loads of space on that farm

But on the Forest Farm (lot of space taken with with the ponds and not much space around them for large buildings) I was planning on small animals only chicken, ducks, goats and rabbits...as I've got 2 games running following different storylines. Also got the horse on there in a stable on the grass just under grandads shrine. The rabbits were gonna go in a seperate coop on the smaller piece of grass under there.

The ponds are all fenced off in one area for the chickens and ducks. and there's a bit of land left between the upper fence and house for a vegetable patch.

Yes, if you've fixed the Bus, then there is a small chance that the NPC there will give you Milk upon as part of a conversation. There is also a slim chance that it might appear in the Traveling Cart's stock for a very large sum of cash. Cows are the way to go.

problem is the bus quest is on the other file that I'm currently raising 40,000 for so even if they give Kenny milk I won't be able to get the milk from that file to the other game???
I've seen goats milk at the travelling caravan but not cows milk yet. might just have to do JOJO's warehouse on both then if theyve made it impossible to complete unless you have one of every animal ...so much for choice..lol!

Nothing really, after a certain point it'll break. You can use it as decoration, or you can put it in a chest and never look at it again. Supposedly something else will happen down near Jodi's house, but it didn't happen for me.

I'll go stick a chest outside Jodi's house then and stick it in there!!! :smile:

Hope this helps!

imnvs

Local Legend
A lot of stuff but it was included in a quote box so it is really hard to figure out what was said.
Yeah...

If you want to respond in the middle of a quote, you want to include the /quote tag before you type and a quote tag after to resume the quote box for the next text.
For demonstration purposes.
And it should look like this post of mine when you're done.

Ereo

Helper
You could also have cows and use the milk and cheese to make enough money to upgrade the barn, then sell them as soon as you can afford goats.

Also, since you need only five of the six things, you can get away with chickens, ducks, rabbits and goats. You don't need milk.

You can unlock the bus to the desert on this file as well before you have milk. For every bundle you complete, a new room full of bundles opens. Without spoilers, I'll say you can unlock the bus with very little stuff needed.

There is a lot of choice in this game, but some choices might mean it'll take a very long time to complete the community center.

Tinks

Planter
You could also have cows and use the milk and cheese to make enough money to upgrade the barn, then sell them as soon as you can afford goats.

Also, since you need only five of the six things, you can get away with chickens, ducks, rabbits and goats. You don't need milk.

You can unlock the bus to the desert on this file as well before you have milk. For every bundle you complete, a new room full of bundles opens. Without spoilers, I'll say you can unlock the bus with very little stuff needed.

There is a lot of choice in this game, but some choices might mean it'll take a very long time to complete the community center.
ok...I think I need to move things round on my farm I just have a fence round all the ponds so the ducks can choose any pond they want..lol! They have a massive area to roam, bigger than the horse has..lol!

Been looking at some other people's layouts for Forest Farm for ideas! I don't have the upgraded pickaxe yet so can't get rid of the huge boulders yet as only on level 15 of mines and just been buying 5 from Clint when I can afford it...so takes a while to get 5 bars!

I'm not as fond of the mining and fishing, just wanted to be able to make a couple of animal farms!

Tinks

Planter
Yeah...

If you want to respond in the middle of a quote, you want to include the /quote tag before you type and a quote tag after to resume the quote box for the next text.

And it should look like this post of mine when you're done.

is this what you mean by quote tag? [/QUOTE]

Boo1972

Farmer
Why don’t you share a photo of your farm here? I’m sure people would be happy to give you advice.

I say go for the traveling cart if you don’t really feel like raising animals. I do. They are my least favorite part of the game. I would have sold them all if it didn’t upset my kids. The 1250g I just spent for a large goat milk was a lot less than buying and raising a goat. The animal bundle is a pain, but you probably already have 2 large eggs and the duck egg. Befriending Emily can get you wool and Sandy might give you a large milk (I’ve only ever gotten 1 from her over 6 saves). But Mabel (the cart lady) and Waddles (her pig) will have what you need at some point. It’s just a matter of how long you want to wait.

Tinks

Planter
Why don’t you share a photo of your farm here? I’m sure people would be happy to give you advice.

I say go for the traveling cart if you don’t really feel like raising animals. I do. They are my least favorite part of the game. I would have sold them all if it didn’t upset my kids. The 1250g I just spent for a large goat milk was a lot less than buying and raising a goat. The animal bundle is a pain, but you probably already have 2 large eggs and the duck egg. Befriending Emily can get you wool and Sandy might give you a large milk (I’ve only ever gotten 1 from her over 6 saves). But Mabel (the cart lady) and Waddles (her pig) will have what you need at some point. It’s just a matter of how long you want to wait.

How do I get a picture of the whole farm area like other people put up? on switch..even when docked to TV you only see a certain area around where your farmer is

I want to raise animals but my point is I have 2 farms on the go and had decided that one was going to be a Dairy Farm with cows, sheep and chickens for eggs/mayo (Kennys Farm..the other file) and the Forest Farm was going to be chickens, ducks and goats around the ponds. ..and a horse on the other side.

Didn't realise I wasn't going to be able to rebuild that greenhouse unless I had completed so many other things finding items. first! (only had the game a week and never played it before).

I haven't got onto recipes yet so haven't made any meals been selling everything I grow/make to save up for the barns etc and get my farms set up!

Last edited:

Boo1972

Farmer
It does take awhile to gather all the things you need for the community center bundles your first time around. It still may be worth it to buy an animal product if it becomes available at the traveling cart. Your greenhouse will make you more money faster than animal products, so having it up and growing profitable crops will help you buy the animals and supplies you want.
Other than hoping Sandy or the traveling cart comes through with a large milk, you will have to buy 1 cow. It does take some time to get that first large milk but at least you are guaranteed to get it.

I wish I could help you take a picture on the switch. On PC, there is an option in the menu to take a screenshot and it takes a picture of the entire farm.

The large boulders won’t bother the animals, but they can block the barn door. Just be careful where you place the buildings down. On my forest farm, I put the animals in the bottom wooded area, with access to the pond. It was a large space.

Hill Myna

Farmer
How do I get a picture of the whole farm area like other people put up? on switch..even when docked to TV you only see a certain area around where your farmer is
...you have to stand in the "area" you want a screenshot of (whether that's your farm, your farmhouse, the bus stop, or any other place you can think of), go to your inventory, then settings, and scroll all the way to the bottom. There should be a screenshot button. It will take a second or to to take it, and it should appear in your Album.

I highly recommend doing this at the start of the day, because it crashes on me all the time when I take screenshots. I don't know what end is at fault but it drives me nuts.

Next you need to go to your Album and select the image you want. If you hit A (Posting and Editing) and then Send to Smart Device, you'll get to choose whether you want to send one image or up to four. After you choose, it'll bring up a couple QR codes and some instructions. Follow them, and send the image to a computer if you find that it's easier to add it to your post that way (I do).

The image won't be the highest quality, but I don't think there is a way to increase it.

Hope this helps!