PC [HELP] Multiplayer "failed to connect"

Gyrefallo

Newcomer
I really need help. I have bought two copies of the game just to play the co-op mode with my girlfriend.

I have tried everything out there to fix this issue where I can't join a game but nothing seems to fix it.

Please, help me. I don't know what else to do

Maple

Sodbuster
I really need help. I have bought two copies of the game just to play the co-op mode with my girlfriend.

I have tried everything out there to fix this issue where I can't join a game but nothing seems to fix it.

Please, help me. I don't know what else to do

Hi! There are reasons as to why you've failed to connect.
Considerable factors:
- Two or more parties should have the same latest version of Stardew (or SMAPI)
- Invite code must be the recent/updated. The code changes sometimes. Make sure you always check the "invite code" button if you (or the host) invites someone.
- If youre using mods, you two must have the same versions of mods.

If none of these helps, please tell me what happened in detail :) Maybe we can help you in a more direct or specific way

Gyrefallo

Newcomer
Hi! There are reasons as to why you've failed to connect.
Considerable factors:
- Two or more parties should have the same latest version of Stardew (or SMAPI)
- Invite code must be the recent/updated. The code changes sometimes. Make sure you always check the "invite code" button if you (or the host) invites someone.
- If youre using mods, you two must have the same versions of mods.

If none of these helps, please tell me what happened in detail :) Maybe we can help you in a more direct or specific way
I tried installing SMAPI on both pcs but still it does not work. Same messages pops up. "failed to connect".

Maple

Sodbuster
I've tried to join every way, with codes, with invites. Nothing really works. I use gog galaxy launcher, btw.
Assuming both parties have the same version of Stardew (or smapi), and mods (or none), are there any errors in your SMAPI (if youre running smapi, that is). I'll do a little research on this matter.

Question: Does your partner also use GOG or steam to play with you?

AN EDIT.
I hope you find this site useful: https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-v1-3-beta/

Last edited:

Gyrefallo

Newcomer
Assuming both parties have the same version of Stardew (or smapi), and mods (or none), are there any errors in your SMAPI (if youre running smapi, that is). I'll do a little research on this matter.

Question: Does your partner also use GOG or steam to play with you?

AN EDIT.
I hope you find this site useful: https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-v1-3-beta/
We both have the same version, and we both play with GOG. I'll check the link that you sent me and I'll have news soon. Thanks!

Aine

Planter
Pure vanilla means without any mods or smapi involved. Just delete the game entirely (except for save files if you do have) and reinstall it.

jorgeolave1

Newcomer
I am having the same problem with my gf. We both play through steam and have a pure vanilla version but nothing seems to fix it. I have tried friend invites or in-game codes and nothing works, it says "connecting" and after a minute the "failed to connect" message appears. I also have tried switching hosts with her and doesnt work.. Please can this issue get more recognition i would really like to enjoy this awesome game with my gf. :sweat:

Aine

Planter
Have you look if any of you are offline in steam? I know that this has been a issue with some steam users, they go offline out of nowhere.