Mac [HELP] Game keeps crashing when connecting to other server (as guest)

gemillyrock

Newcomer
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help know the issue regarding whenever I type in a server ID it says "Connecting..." and then crashes on my mac. I have 1.5.6 updated and everything.

gemillyrock

Newcomer
could you find an error log? That would make it so much easier to diagnose the problem.
I think this is all u need right?

Process: Stardew Valley [872]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Stardew Valley
Identifier: com.concernedape.stardewvalley
Version: 1.08 (1)
Code Type: X86-64 (Translated)
Parent Process: ??? [869]
Responsible: steam_osx [810]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2021-12-28 20:37:45.512 -0500
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2 (20G95)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 77B14E2B-0F35-6897-1B63-40B90ACDD44E

Time Awake Since Boot: 280 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

This doesn't give me much information, but It looks like
1) SDV is outdated. I know you said that you updated it, but this error log shows that SDV is at version 1.08
2) It looks like SDV itself called an abort function (which means that something went wrong and the game didn't like it, so it stopped everything in the game)

this looks like a MacOS system log, so could you maybe find a SDV or Steam log. Could you tell me where you found this log?

gemillyrock

Newcomer
Whenever it crashes an apple system log appears and there is no steam log that appears. I just copied the first bit of the apple log that pops up, the rest is a huge long list of threads.

Lew Zealand

Helper
This doesn't give me much information, but It looks like
1) SDV is outdated. I know you said that you updated it, but this error log shows that SDV is at version 1.08
2) It looks like SDV itself called an abort function (which means that something went wrong and the game didn't like it, so it stopped everything in the game)

this looks like a MacOS system log, so could you maybe find a SDV or Steam log. Could you tell me where you found this log?
FYI, this is the internal macOS version numbering for the game app, not the version of Stardew Valley itself. As an example my Mac SDV app is also v1.08 but I'm running the game version 1.5.4 (yeah, not 1.56 for reasons).

I notice that the app is listed as:

Code Type: X86-64 (Translated)

which suggests that gemillyrock is using an M1 Mac (congrats on the new Mac!) and the game is running in x86 emulation mode. There are a few threads there about problems running SDV on M1 Macs but my newest Mac is 7 years old so sorry, I don't have any direct suggestions. Hopefully the other threads here will help!