Solved Need help to revert to old save

Mibby

Greenhorn
I am playing with mods as a heads up. My internet went out and I decided not to finish the day I was playing on with a friend. When I loaded the world back up it started us from spring 1st when we were at the end of fall. I had all the stuff that was originally in my inventory and house upgrade but everything in the house was gone and everything outside the house was gone too. I need some help to fix the save file since I can not find anything super helpful on how to. I have back up saves because of SMAPI but I don't know how to revert to an old save. If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Kreeate

Rancher
I am playing with mods as a heads up. My internet went out and I decided not to finish the day I was playing on with a friend. When I loaded the world back up it started us from spring 1st when we were at the end of fall. I had all the stuff that was originally in my inventory and house upgrade but everything in the house was gone and everything outside the house was gone too. I need some help to fix the save file since I can not find anything super helpful on how to. I have back up saves because of SMAPI but I don't know how to revert to an old save. If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.
Hi,

Which operating system are you using?

Kreeate

Rancher
If you are on windows, you could try the below method:

It's always good to make a manual backup of your current save file, just in case.
  1. Press Windows key + R to show a 'run' dialogue box.
  2. Paste this exact text: %appdata%\StardewValley\Saves
  3. Click 'OK' to open the folder.
Copy your current save folder and paste it somewhere safe.
Now extract your *backup file into the Saves folder. It will ask you to overwrite. Confirm it.
Done. Just load your save as normal through the game.

*I'm assuming you know where to find your backup saves. If not, they can be found in the folder: \Stardew Valley\save-backups

Mibby

Greenhorn

It's always good to make a manual backup of your current save file, just in case.
Now extract your *backup file into the Saves folder. It will ask you to overwrite. Confirm it.

*I'm assuming you know where to find your backup saves. If not, they can be found in the folder: \Stardew Valley\save-backups
Thank you for the help! I figured out the issue and got my save back.

Violet Moon

Farmhand

Thanks for this, you’re a lifesaver!