Solved Community cleanup bug

BrunoAlmeida

Cowpoke
Hey guys,

I accepted the community cleanup quest but the recycling bin doesn't appear behind the train station, and there's a question mark where the bin should be. Does anyone know what to do to solve it? I don't use mods and I'm playing the beta version. (I installed SMAPI in the past but didn't use it)
Before that I was having the same trouble with the special request board and the beta solved it. I verified the files and it didn't work.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you want to continue to play your gameplay by fixing this bug?

If you want, you can downgrade to version 1.5.4 instead of 1.5.5 (beta).

EDIT: I guess it is better to ask the mods community first than decide if you want to downgrade the version or not.

Last edited:

BrunoAlmeida

Cowpoke

EDIT: I guess it is better to ask the mods community first than decide if you want to downgrade the version or not.
Yes, I do, I have like 100 hours playing with my kids. I tried to uninstall the beta and load my game files but the game won't let me, it tells me it's a "wrong version" or somenthing.

BrunoAlmeida

Cowpoke

Another problem is that before the beta I could'nt see the special request board. So maybe I'm stuck.

There are two methods to downgrade the game. Let me know if one of them works.

1rst Method:

It is through Steam.
Click on this youtube video.

2nd Method:
Steam DB is a website where you can download the older version of the game manually.
If you are interested, Try to follow this Instruction on how to download older versions manually:

If you have a hard time finding the website, I have a link for you where to download it.

The version that I am using is July 2nd, 2021. It works very well on my computer. It's a 1.5.4 version. Other files could be 1.5.4.... Hopefully none of them are 1.5.5
Let me know what version did you download manually.

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 12.20.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 12.20.41 PM.png

BrunoAlmeida

Cowpoke
There are two methods to downgrade the game. Let me know if one of them works.

1rst Method:

It is through Steam.
Click on this youtube video.

2nd Method:
Steam DB is a website where you can download the older version of the game manually.
If you are interested, Try to follow this Instruction on how to download older versions manually:

If you have a hard time finding the website, I have a link for you where to download it.

The version that I am using is July 2nd, 2021. It works very well on my computer. It's a 1.5.4 version. Other files could be 1.5.4.... Hopefully none of them are 1.5.5
Let me know what version did you download manually.

View attachment 7036
View attachment 7035
I downloaded the same version you've been using, but I don't get to use my save file, says it from another version (1.5.5). Is there any way to convert it?

I downloaded the same version you've been using, but I don't get to use my save file, says it from another version (1.5.5). Is there any way to convert it?
I don't understand... Before we move on, I need to verify something from you.
Could you screenshot a save file that says "another version 1.5.5"?

Have you followed this instruction? Were you feeling comfortable following this method?

EDIT:
Have you tried this part?
Look at number 4.

download_depot <appid> <depotid> [<target manifestid>] [<delta manifestid>] [<depot flags filter>] : download a single depot
example:

Last edited:

BrunoAlmeida

Cowpoke
I don't understand... Before we move on, I need to verify something from you.
Could you screenshot a save file that says "another version 1.5.5"?

Have you followed this instruction? Were you feeling comfortable following this method?

EDIT:
Have you tried this part?
Look at number 4.

example:
I managed to download following theses instructions but I can't start the game through Steam. This is the message I get when I try to load my save file.

1635359141929.png

Have you tried that part?
9. Go to the game's installation directory, and move the files somewhere else. Then go to where the depot files were downloaded to, and move everything over to the game folder.

10. You may have to rename the game's EXE file if the dev changed the launch options recently. You can find the current EXE name by going to the game's SteamDB page and clicking on the Configuration tab.

11. You should now be able to launch the old version through Steam.
Have you reset your Stream?

Edit: If it does not work,
Try to reset your computer...

Sorry, just jumping in for some extra info.
As Ereo mentioned; the game definitely looked modded, or something really broken. In v1.5 there's suppose to be a boulder, & stairs up there along with the recycle bin.
But, the screenshot looks like a game from v1.4; before that extra area was added in.

As for opting out of the beta; that should be pretty simple. No real need for the steam console commands unless you want really old versions of SDV.
Just:

-right click on Stardew Valley in your steam library
-select "properties"
-select the "betas" tab
-click on the drop down menu and select "none"
-then let it update.
---
You will have a "version mismatch" error for any saves that you played in during the beta; when reverting back to v1.5.4.
To fix this; follow the instructions I posted here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/2956039954086043635/#c5169559267817397939