Search parameters and options?

Quirinea

Farmer
I had a problem concerning Leo and tried to find if someone already had posted a bug report on the similar matter. "Too short search term". Tried to lengthen it by adding "Ginger Island". Nope, did not work, searching only a single string. "Island" finally worked, but I had to wade through umpteen irrelevant results before hitting one with a similar problem I had.

Also when I try to search in a single forum (Bugs in this case, presumably often needed for obvious reasons...) and the search won't work (just that "too short") I get to "oops" page and have to navigate back to relevant forum to retry.

Could those things be fixed somehow? Keeping in a single forum for repeated attempts, being able to limit the search with extra terms (like "Leo" AND "Island"), etc.

liquidcat

Staff member
Thank you for bringing this up, we will look into this and see if we can make it easier to search things

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
With the options available to me right now it's something I have to look into more. I lowered the search term, but no results come up (I tried both Leo and Qi) but maaaybe it just requires new posts about it? Unsure. I'll continue to look into it

edit: i said the same phrase like 3 times LOL my bad

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
I lowered the search term, but no results come up (I tried both Leo and Qi) but maaaybe it just requires new posts about it?
Well, you've now posted about both Leo and Qi, but when I try a search for both of those terms, it doesn't find anything still, including your post that was made after the changes you applied to the search. So simply a new post containing those terms isn't enough, apparently, so you know.