Unofficial mod updates

println

Newcomer
Is there an unofficial update for Stack to Nearby Chests for 1.5? The 1.4.8 does not work with the current SMAPI unfortunately. This is one of the only mods I use.

cannon9009

Greenhorn
Hey! Just tried to load it up and got:

Code:
[Teh's Fishing Overhaul] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.Configs.ConfigFish.PopulateData()
   at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.<>c.<LoadConfigs>b__30_0()
   at TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Action`1 settings, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
   at TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
   at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.LoadConfigs()
   at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.Entry(IModHelper helper)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1579
Full log: https://pastebin.com/Tz2wRvFH

Thanks for taking a look at this! :D This is seriously the most fun fishing experience I've ever had in a game.
Getting same error in SMAPI 3.12.5. Tried using older versions of same mod and they also crash on entry, meaning no *.json files to use the workaround with. Is it possible to use *.json files that other people generate if they use the same mods?

keaft

Newcomer
Getting same error in SMAPI 3.12.5. Tried using older versions of same mod and they also crash on entry, meaning no *.json files to use the workaround with. Is it possible to use *.json files that other people generate if they use the same mods?
Ran into the same trial and error. I know a very small amount about programming, but if I had to guess based on the error, it appears that either the SMAPI version change affected StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods() or the data returned from that call is different. Or both. :D Guess it could also be a change in how the Fish.xnb and Locations.xnb are structured, read in, and handled.

Regardless, I'd also love to test already generated json files if anyone has them.

Further looking into this it would appear that even if this error was resolved that the mod only has the 1.4 features. From a pull request thread on github:
https://forums.stardewvalley.net/attachments/tehpers-fishingoverhaul-2-1-4-zip.2524/ has an unofficial version that works with 1.5. However, it only has 1.4 features currently and was forked from the version here. (I didn't make the file on here, I just know it works with 1.5). However, it won't work with things like Magic Bait or any of the new 1.5 stuff.
This message was from noswanson1982 commented on Jan 10, 2021 and that file referenced is older than Strobe's latest unofficial release.

Kagenokami

Newcomer
Ran into the same trial and error. I know a very small amount about programming, but if I had to guess based on the error, it appears that either the SMAPI version change affected StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods() or the data returned from that call is different. Or both. :D Guess it could also be a change in how the Fish.xnb and Locations.xnb are structured, read in, and handled.

Regardless, I'd also love to test already generated json files if anyone has them.

Further looking into this it would appear that even if this error was resolved that the mod only has the 1.4 features. From a pull request thread on github:

This message was from noswanson1982 commented on Jan 10, 2021 and that file referenced is older than Strobe's latest unofficial release.
I second this. If the only problem with the game is the lack of these .json files...surely if someone has pre-generated .json's or can rip from the code what the .json files are meant to HAVE it SHOULD work right? Tried what someone suggested earlier with the earlier variant to no success, and pressing f5 as they suggested didn't cause anything notable to happen in the game, let alone .json redeployment.

ensent

Farmhand
Been trying to use the Walk of Life mod (Beta 4, v0.8.0) and getting a bunch of errors here. Using latest SMAPI, 3.12.5. Attached is all the errors that happened, that I saw. These all happen on boot.
Yep, get the same problem too. Mod author said back in March that the mod is somehow incompatible with SMAPI 3.12 and that they had already fixed the problem but that they don't want to release the patch until some huge update is complete. Not sure I understand the reasoning but if someone here can advise a fix I'd really appreciate it. I can launch the game but judging by the error log, most of the changes the mod makes are completely non-functional.

Attachments

SillyMegalodon

Newcomer
Hey, I'm using the unofficial update to Stardew Valley Reimagined 2 that I downloaded from this thread. However, the barrel next to Willy's house is missing, making the bug meat quest unfinishable since there is no object to interact with. There is just a hovering '?' where the barrel is meant to be. Would someone be able to fix this? (The quest also doesn't show up in the CB Cheats menu, so I can't auto complete it from there.)

SillyMegalodon

Newcomer
Hey, I'm using the unofficial update to Stardew Valley Reimagined 2 that I downloaded from this thread. However, the barrel next to Willy's house is missing, making the bug meat quest unfinishable since there is no object to interact with. There is just a hovering '?' where the barrel is meant to be. Would someone be able to fix this? (The quest also doesn't show up in the CB Cheats menu, so I can't auto complete it from there.)
Also the recycling bin behind the train station is missing, making Linus's trash collection quest uncompletable. I'm guessing any notice-board quests from 1.5 with turn-in receptacles outside are missing.

PerpetualGamer

Greenhorn
I have a quick question. I apologize if it's been asked elsewhere but I couldn't find it in a search. I'm using ChildAgeUp with ChildToNPC Unofficial Update and so far it's working nicely. However, my child doesn't come home at night. I know in the ChildAgeUp mod, it says to change the curfew time in the config in ChildToNPC but there isn't a config.json file in that mod's folder (original or Unofficial update). How can I make my child come home earlier? Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions.

Edit: The file suddenly appeared. I'll check to see if my child comes home tonight before I have to sleep. Further Edit: Well they came home on time but now they won't go to bed LOL. But that's pretty realistic so I'm okay with it.

Last edited:

wally32

Sodbuster
Stardew Valley Reimagined 2

This is the unofficial version.
Fixed an error on the special bulletin board in front of Lewis's house,
Fixed a solid tree error in the Secret woods

Add a barrel next to Willy's house
Added railroad recycling bin.

I haven't done more testing for other errors.

Please let me know if there is a problem.

Last edited:
I have a quick question. I apologize if it's been asked elsewhere but I couldn't find it in a search. I'm using ChildAgeUp with ChildToNPC Unofficial Update and so far it's working nicely. However, my child doesn't come home at night. I know in the ChildAgeUp mod, it says to change the curfew time in the config in ChildToNPC but there isn't a config.json file in that mod's folder (original or Unofficial update). How can I make my child come home earlier? Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions.

Edit: The file suddenly appeared. I'll check to see if my child comes home tonight before I have to sleep. Further Edit: Well they came home on time but now they won't go to bed LOL. But that's pretty realistic so I'm okay with it.
Was the bed moved?

orphyd

Newcomer
Hi there! I'm pretty new to the SDV modding community and recently had to update my game to the 64-Bit beta version to avoid memory issues that were causing my game to crash but now it seems I'm unable to play with the mods I want because of this I've already contacted several authors on Nexus particularly the Ridgeside publishers who told me to change to 64-Bit in the first place and am patiently waiting there response but in the meantime has anyone got updated versions of these mods you can see which ones are outdated in the SMAPI Log: https://smapi.io/log/ca492879b10645d6b465b6979c03c68f thanks again! :)