[Heart Event Spoilers] Can I still get the blue chickens if I'm already at 14 hearts and married to Shane?

m03grrL

Greenhorn
I did not get the heart event where Jas shows me the back door where they breed the blue chickens. Shane already lives with me so he isn't at Marnie's to trigger the event. Is there a way to get the blue chickens without divorcing Shane?
03 MAY 2020 UPDATE: I followed Shane around until he went inside Marnie's house (which he does briefly when fetching Jas to play in the forest) and all the events I missed triggered in one long succession. I have blue chickens now without divorcing him!

Last edited:

m03grrL

Greenhorn
Curious how you managed to marry Shane without seeing that heart event.
I just kept giving him pizza and beer in the saloon. The door in Marnie's kitchen is still locked because Jas never took me there. I also haven't gone to the stadium to watch a game with Shane.

Kaneki22

Greenhorn
I got blue chickens without having to marrying him too. You can hatch the eggs (I think any kind of eggs and it hatch to a blue chicken) after seeing the heart event of when you meet Shane and his blue chickens.

vntstiix

Newcomer
I did not get the heart event where Jas shows me the back door where they breed the blue chickens. Shane already lives with me so he isn't at Marnie's to trigger the event. Is there a way to get the blue chickens without divorcing Shane?
03 MAY 2020 UPDATE: I followed Shane around until he went inside Marnie's house (which he does briefly when fetching Jas to play in the forest) and all the events I missed triggered in one long succession. I have blue chickens now without divorcing him!
Hi do you mind telling how and when does shane fetch Jas? I'm currently struggling to trigger the blue chicken heart event and im already married to him too

imnvs

Local Legend
Hi do you mind telling how and when does shane fetch Jas? I'm currently struggling to trigger the blue chicken heart event and im already married to him too
The only way to trigger the event is to enter Marnie's when Shane is there. If you have not married him, this is a much easier task.
Monday between 10:30 and 11:30 he'll be in Marnie's house.
Because this is literally the only time he is at Marnie's after you marry him.

calebsunbright

Newcomer
The only way to trigger the event is to enter Marnie's when Shane is there. If you have not married him, this is a much easier task.

Because this is literally the only time he is at Marnie's after you marry him.
Hi! It's been a while, but I'm currently dealing with the same issue. I did go to marnie's house when he was in, but marnie herself wasnt there, and the event didnt trigger? Does anyone know why? Is marnie's absence the culprit? Gosh I hate that woman's schedule.

Elenna101

Farmer
Hi! It's been a while, but I'm currently dealing with the same issue. I did go to marnie's house when he was in, but marnie herself wasnt there, and the event didnt trigger? Does anyone know why? Is marnie's absence the culprit? Gosh I hate that woman's schedule.
Are you absolutely sure you haven't seen the event before? If you're on PC, you can input your save into the Stardew Checkup website to see what events you're seen.

EDIT: Just saw your other thread where you posted more details. Ereo is right, you probably need to see the other heart events first.

Last edited:
I got blue chickens without having to marrying him too. You can hatch the eggs (I think any kind of eggs and it hatch to a blue chicken) after seeing the heart event of when you meet Shane and his blue chickens.
Yep, when you hatch a white or brown egg, there's a 25% chance to get a blue chicken, BUT only after seeing Shane's 8-hearts event.

Elenna101

Farmer
Yep, when you hatch a white or brown egg, there's a 25% chance to get a blue chicken, BUT only after seeing Shane's 8-hearts event.
You can also buy them from Marnie, which is probably easier (or at least less time-consuming). Just enter the menu, and when it asks you to pick a coop it'll say the chicken's colour at the top. This has a 1/8 chance of being blue, if it's white or brown you can exit without buying the chicken and try again immediately.

You can also buy them from Marnie, which is probably easier (or at least less time-consuming). Just enter the menu, and when it asks you to pick a coop it'll say the chicken's colour at the top. This has a 1/8 chance of being blue, if it's white or brown you can exit without buying the chicken and try again immediately.
Yes, I know, just wanted to point to the hatching possibility. I personally prefer to hatch them to save cash. 🙂

calebsunbright

Newcomer
Are you absolutely sure you haven't seen the event before? If you're on PC, you can input your save into the Stardew Checkup website to see what events you're seen.

EDIT: Just saw your other thread where you posted more details. Ereo is right, you probably need to see the other heart events first.
Yup, so it turns out! It happened to rain on a Monday so shane did not go out, but I still went to Marnie to buy some hay and the 6 heart one triggered, altho shane was not around. Prolly cuz like he was supposed to but the rain didn't let him or smth? I now just need to do the other ones. Thanks! :)

Oh, P.S.: Do I *have* to do all the multiple heart cutscenes in order for the 8th to trigger? Cuz one of them requires 2 hearts with Clint and Emily and I don't currently have 'em with Clint