New Pet Ideas

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I've seen several posts on here commenting about new kinds of pets we would like to have. So I've been thinking about all the animals that are already in the game and some of them that could become pets. But a few of them would need tools to snare them. Which could be a fun new quest. For instance, how about a beautiful butterfly? They're everywhere in the Spring, we'd just need to make a butterfly net. Some people might want a pet frog. So then a simple stick with string and a piece of red material to lure it would have to be made. Also, I was thinking about turning farm animals into pets. Let's say a sow gives birth in the middle of the night. Every so often we could have the option of turning that piglet into a pet. Just some thoughts. 🙂

Pluffy

Planter
To be honest, when I first started playing the game, I thought their quotes and what they mentioned would allow us to give them that kind of stuff, so I thought I would need to give Vincent bugs, and give Abigail books to help her study.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Foxes are a great idea for a pet. Especially if it can accompany us when we leave the farm. And I it would be neat to be able to tame a parrot from Ginger Island.

It's funny you mention butterflies, they appear on my farm fairly often. It makes me think that a simple net could be implemented as a tool... I'm thinking back to the days of Legend of Zelda (I have most or maybe all zelda games on my R-pi) in which players can collect fairies, bugs etc lol. They each added cool elements to the game... in Stardew they could be put in an aquarium! A late game addition to have moths able to spin silk to sell might be fun. That's not exactly a pet though. And, probably I'm overthinking it lol. 😂

Maybe this fits in the suggestion forum.

Last edited:

PookieDoodle

Rancher
It's funny you mention butterflies, they appear on my farm fairly often. It makes me think that a simple net could be implemented as a tool... I'm thinking back to the days of Legend of Zelda (I have most or maybe all zelda games on my R-pi) in which players can collect fairies, bugs etc lol. They each added cool elements to the game... in Stardew they could be put in an aquarium! A late game addition to have moths able to spin silk to sell might be fun. That's not exactly a pet though. And, probably in overthinking it lol. 😂

Maybe this fits in the suggestion forum too.
If your moth's going to spin silk then I want a parrot that can take messages with my new phone. 😋

Ennoshima

Planter
I'd like to see reptiles as pets -- like turtles, frogs (I know Shane has a frog, but still.)
Foxes too like suggested above!
We have fish and butterflies as pets in a way -- but I think having an option of few different animals would be cool, too!
Maybe they could be obtained through quest(s)?

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I'd like to see reptiles as pets -- like turtles, frogs (I know Shane has a frog, but still.)
Foxes too like suggested above!
We have fish and butterflies as pets in a way -- but I think having an option of few different animals would be cool, too!
Maybe they could be obtained through quest(s)?
You're right. Shane has a pet frog and Emily already has a pet parrot. I was thinking we'd have to friend them, just like farm animals. Maybe the quests could be for how we keep them as pets. It's all because of the aquariums. Once we could get those, why not more pets? Also, I'd like to see us get pets that could tag along with us outside of the farm.

Ennoshima

Planter
You're right. Shane has a pet frog and Emily already has a pet parrot. I was thinking we'd have to friend them, just like farm animals. Maybe the quests could be for how we keep them as pets. It's all because of the aquariums. Once we could get those, why not more pets? Also, I'd like to see us get pets that could tag along with us outside of the farm.
I deff agree with you as well! It's sort of like befriending Shane for the Blue Chicken -- so I was thinking perhaps the same process and/or quest(s) as I mentioned too!
I also would love to have them follow me around. I believe there is a mod for that -- but I know not every can mod due to limitations on devices and stuff.