Small brown egg

nowadays when buying a chicken from Marnie it'll say "choose a coop for your new [color] chicken", so if it's not going to be a brown one, just cancel, choose chicken again, rinse and repeat until it says it's a brown chicken. Then in a few days you'll have your small brown egg.

imnvs

Local Legend
nowadays when buying a chicken from Marnie it'll say "choose a coop for your new [color] chicken", so if it's not going to be a brown one, just cancel, choose chicken again, rinse and repeat until it says it's a brown chicken. Then in a few days you'll have your small brown egg.
This. If you want white and brown eggs, small and large, for the full shipment, this is how you do. When buying chickens for the first time, I always make sure to get one white and one brown. As quoted, she says which it is, so if she says white, then white? At the second white I do as described until I get the brown.

However, once I have my 1 small brown and 1 large brown egg (because you need 1 of those too), though? I immediately sell my brown chicken and go buy another white one to replace it. Then I make mayo or cook with brown eggs first until I have none left... because eventually I'll upgrade to all blue chickens (and eventually will add gold chickens too) and I want their eggs to stack with the ones I've saved up for when I need to do some cooking.

Oh, and something important to note? If you hatch chickens from eggs, the reverse is not true. Chicken color is determined randomly, just like when you go to buy them... but when hatching, you can't just back out. White or brown egg, you can get white, brown or blue (if you have them available) chickens. For that reason, I usually just buy my chickens and don't hatch any. I'll put any other egg into an incubator, but not a chicken egg.

Rhiannon

Farmer
Thank you guys for the interesting information! @imnvs You have given me an idea. I LOVED my early game when I was hatching chickens and then eventually dinosaurs. Eventually I sold off all my chickens and have only ducks and dinosaurs. But I realized that somewhere along the way, I must have disposed of all my brown eggs, thus not having one to ship. I think I will start hatching chickens until I get a brown one! I'm in no rush to get my shipping thing complete since some of the items have to come from Ginger Island, which I have barely started.

Rhiannon

Farmer
Thank you guys for the interesting information! @imnvs You have given me an idea. I LOVED my early game when I was hatching chickens and then eventually dinosaurs. Eventually I sold off all my chickens and have only ducks and dinosaurs. But I realized that somewhere along the way, I must have disposed of all my brown eggs, thus not having one to ship. I think I will start hatching chickens until I get a brown one! I'm in no rush to get my shipping thing complete since some of the items have to come from Ginger Island, which I have barely started.
So my first new chicken is blue! I've never had a blue chicken. But alas, she will not give me brown eggs. So I'll keep selling the previously grown chicken and keep hatching one until I get a brown one! Yes I could go buy one but this is fun!

ETA: My next chicken after the blue one was brown! I was kinda sad as I enjoyed hatching my chickens, ducks and dinosaurs. But I have all I need unless I decide to change my mind. :)

Last edited: