Sunshine Totem

Salty1

Planter
Basically, it's the opposite of the rain totem! Needs one hardwood, one truffle oil, and five solar essence to make it. I suppose you can learn it at level 9 foraging along with rain totem as well.

Probably wouldn't be too useful except for people with lots of pigs on their farm, but it could be nifty flavor too.

Salty1

Planter
Not a bad idea, although I'd say make it foraging level 10, and possibly require a pufferfish (one of the few sun-only weather fish) or lots of sunflowers as well.
While this initially sounds kind of brutal, it would create at least some incentive for having a pufferfish pond on a pig farm... and I kind of like the mental thought of pufferfish pairing with pigs that way. Sunflowers might feel more thematic otherwise.

LRangerR

Local Legend
While this initially sounds kind of brutal, it would create at least some incentive for having a pufferfish pond on a pig farm... and I kind of like the mental thought of pufferfish pairing with pigs that way. Sunflowers might feel more thematic otherwise.
I mean, if you really want the totem that bad then you're going to have to get puffers. Worst case scenario cart lady sells them fairly regularly, and yeah, a simple fish pond would be all you need. Puffer fetch quests aren't that bad either. Also, they look fkn adorable in fish tanks as a perk.

Edit- It's also not nearly as brootal as a dragon tooth for the island totem. (lol typo, totally leaving it)

Last edited:

Salty1

Planter
Edit- It's also not nearly as brootal as a dragon tooth for the island totem. (lol typo, totally leaving it)
Oh yeah, that's very true too. Island totem is so wild I usually just make one for the achievement, save the rest for the island obelisk, then forget the totem exists thereafter. Didn't even think of it until you mentioned it.

imnvs

Local Legend
I never use an island totem. I make one, sure, and then I put it in the deconstructor to get my dragon tooth back. Then I build the obelisk.

I think pufferfish are a bit steep as a cost. I mean, they're only available for 4 hours on sunny days in 1 season. They are honestly up there with eels and catfish, imho, as the most annoying fish in the game (based on numerous factors, not just difficulty to catch).

Solar essence, in groups, I think are probably fine.

imnvs

Local Legend
From another thread:
Recipe could be
5 Solar Essence
5 Cinder Shards
5 Oak Resin
I think this is a better recipe... but again, I'm not so sure about Cinder Shards.

Okay, if we're going to discuss recipe...

1- It is a totem, and all totems include Hardwood in their recipe. I'd say that having a sunny day is more useful than a rainy day, typically, so probably should have a quantity of 2 or more.

2- I think Solar Essence is basically a given. You're trying to make it sunny, so solar essence seems thematically appropriate, and 5 isn't too much to ask.

After that? So, if we look at all the totems already available, all of the warp totems have ingredients that are thematic to where you are warping to. Cinder Shards fit the theme of Ginger Island more than sunny weather, so I don't like that as an ingredient, but I do think it is about the right value that we're looking for. Going back to the Pufferfish... it better fits the theme, being a yellow ball of a fish found only during sunny weather, but it's only found during 1 season, only when sunny and only for 4 hours/day. That's a tight window, making it a pain to get many of them. I'm not a fan of that being the ingredient, but at least it fits the theme. Honestly, I think a Sunfish is even more thematically appropriate than the Pufferfish, if we're going with a fish. I mean, come on, it has "Sun" right in the name! It doesn't look like a big yellow ball, sure, but I think that should be less of a criterion to select by. It is also more readily available, but you're still not able to just saunter over somewhere and pick up a pile of them. You do have to work for it a little bit.

So, my preferred recipe suggestion?

- 2 Hardwood
- 5 Solar Essence
-1 Sunfish

Comparing to the Rain Totem? You're using 1 more hardwood, the same 5 of a second ingredient and the same 1 of a third ingredient. Needing 1 more hardwood seems appropriate, as sunny weather is more valuable than rainy. The ingredient you need 5 of is not difficult to get in quantity, just like the Pine Tar. The ingredient you need 1 of is not available all year long but for at least half the year, and requires a bit of work. I like this recipe.

From another thread:

I think this is a better recipe... but again, I'm not so sure about Cinder Shards.

Okay, if we're going to discuss recipe...

1- It is a totem, and all totems include Hardwood in their recipe. I'd say that having a sunny day is more useful than a rainy day, typically, so probably should have a quantity of 2 or more.

2- I think Solar Essence is basically a given. You're trying to make it sunny, so solar essence seems thematically appropriate, and 5 isn't too much to ask.

After that? So, if we look at all the totems already available, all of the warp totems have ingredients that are thematic to where you are warping to. Cinder Shards fit the theme of Ginger Island more than sunny weather, so I don't like that as an ingredient, but I do think it is about the right value that we're looking for. Going back to the Pufferfish... it better fits the theme, being a yellow ball of a fish found only during sunny weather, but it's only found during 1 season, only when sunny and only for 4 hours/day. That's a tight window, making it a pain to get many of them. I'm not a fan of that being the ingredient, but at least it fits the theme. Honestly, I think a Sunfish is even more thematically appropriate than the Pufferfish, if we're going with a fish. I mean, come on, it has "Sun" right in the name! It doesn't look like a big yellow ball, sure, but I think that should be less of a criterion to select by. It is also more readily available, but you're still not able to just saunter over somewhere and pick up a pile of them. You do have to work for it a little bit.

So, my preferred recipe suggestion?

- 2 Hardwood
- 5 Solar Essence
-1 Sunfish

Comparing to the Rain Totem? You're using 1 more hardwood, the same 5 of a second ingredient and the same 1 of a third ingredient. Needing 1 more hardwood seems appropriate, as sunny weather is more valuable than rainy. The ingredient you need 5 of is not difficult to get in quantity, just like the Pine Tar. The ingredient you need 1 of is not available all year long but for at least half the year, and requires a bit of work. I like this recipe.
I deleted my post. No point in having another post about the same idea. As for the recipe I'm not sure what I was thinking. I probably shouldn't have posted it at 1 am when I only had 2 hours of sleep the night before.

Another thing is, I'm creative, but pretty stupid. I have a decent idea but I tend to not think things through.

Your recipe idea is perfect.