Earliest perfection?

Squigglyruth

Planter
I am wondering how early in a new game anyone has managed to achieve perfection?
I have set myself the challenge to do this as early as possible in my new game (on beach farm for added fun). As far as I can see, that means the end of winter Y2, because the recipes aren't all available before that. But am I missing anything else time-dependent? Presumably there is no way to do it sooner?
I doubt I will manage it - I'm likely to miss something important along the way :-) But it's a fun thing to aim for, and at the least I will give myself a benchmark to beat next time!

Salty1

Planter
Occasional flights of fancy tempt me to try this, but I know I will end up hating myself if I make it the sole focus of a run/farm. I find year 1 CC feels tedious enough as is...

That said, my beach farm managed to hit 60% by the end of year 2 and grandpa's evaluation, even though I spent plenty of time screwing around and handicapping myself (no glow rings or equivalent effects, no farm house upgrades). In spite of that I still got quite a bit done, including getting the 130 walnuts (even with the Switch mummified bat glitch working against me - might have just gotten really lucky on this farm though). I'm sure you can punch higher than that, and that hitting it by year 4's beginning could be manageable. The real obstacle would be profit - I only hit 3.5 million and would need to grind out a lot more for the clock/obelisks if I wanted to, but ducks were the focus of this farm - there are 48 of them so far and they just don't turn the same profit that a massive wine operation can, but I have fun watching them swarm through the water and all.

You got this.

Elenna101

Farmer
I agree, the earliest possible is end of Y2, because of the cooking recipes from the TV. Plus you need 10 hearts with Kent, which would require you to get at least partway into year 2. Shipping all the crops/forage will take until at least winter Y1, because of holly, unless you get it from the cart. Catching every fish also requires you to get to winter. Nothing else seems specifically time-locked.

I'm definitely planning to do a 2-year perfection challenge sometime, once I finish getting all the clothing I can reasonably get on my main file. Regarding money, the clock + obelisks costs 13 million. That's about 6000 starfruit wine, and the seeds for that cost 2.4 million.
My plan is to get that by selling iridium bars. A bar is worth 1500g with the Blacksmith perk, minus 150g coal cost (assuming the coal is bought year 1). So 2.4 million/1350 means I need about 1800 bars, or 9k ore. I can average at least 250-300 ore a day once I get a good setup, so that should be doable. And that's not even counting any money from literally anything else I plant.

@Squigglyruth I'm curious if you have any particular plans for getting the gold clock money? It should definitely be doable without selling iridium bars, I just didn't care to work through the math, lol.

Of course none of the above accounts for any of the money used to pay for the many other stuff that will need doing, but nothing else seems terribly expensive, just finicky.
The bigger issue I expect will be the time management needed, and the ridiculous number of kegs.

Squigglyruth

Planter
@Squigglyruth I'm curious if you have any particular plans for getting the gold clock money? It should definitely be doable without selling iridium bars, I just didn't care to work through the math, lol.
I think that will be the hardest part. I am sure I've had that much money before that point in previous games, but the beach farm severely limits planting space...

I'm trying to make the money by ramping up farming fast, rather than the iridium route. But trying to avoid much watering. It's a tricky balance.

I managed to get Agriculturalist before summer Y1 and covered the sprinkler area in quality sprinklers, then planted 120 hops in it plus 21 deluxe speed-gro starfruit and a variety of other things. I also planted 10 hops outside my house, which I have been watering, and a field of rain-watered wheat which I have been replacing with starfruit through the season when I could afford it (without neglecting other expenses like barns). In total that will net me 84 starfruit and 2,280 hops this season (plus a bunch of other stuff I'm not accounting for), with very little time used. Fully processed through kegs, that will bring in a bit over 1.2 million, which is a start! (I know that is a lot of kegs, but I normally do the same with more hops than that in Y1.) I can't decide whether to cask the wine - I'll probably end up doing some of it in around my cheese.

The pigs, cow and goat will also help - by spring I should have 10 pigs ready to go making truffles each day. I have a couple already (late summer), and any more I buy before mid-fall should turn a profit this year. They won't be a huge contribution to the final total, but are low effort and should help to fund starfruit seeds etc. Coop will mostly make mayo to give to villagers for friendship. I had to do some animals to get things for bundles, so I might as well fill the buildings I have.

I think it is only just over 4000 starfruit wine to afford the obelisks and golden clock, assuming I sell using Artisan without casking. So there should be time to grow and process those using Ginger Island and the Greenhouse. I don't need to buy them all at once! I will probably also do fruit trees in the Greenhouse, as per normal, and hopefully Ancient Fruit on the main farm in Y2 (though I haven't got a seed yet, which is really unusual in my experience - that might be the thing that spoils this run-through, since it will put back greenhouse and CC completion - I have the rare fruit bundle.)

I think it is probably doable by the end of Y2. But I'm not sure whether I will actually pull it off. I'll probably trip up over something small like a fish I forgot to catch...

EDIT: It turns out I could make about 2 million from pomegranate wine, with the 30 trees I planted in my greenhouse mid-fall! I will definitely need to go all-out on making kegs in order to process all the pomegranates and starfruit in time, though.

I actually wonder if the thing that is hardest to guarantee is the completed museum collection for that stardrop. Artifact troves will go a long way, but don't cover the bones and fossils, so what are the odds that I just don't find a trilobite, skeletal hand or prehistoric skull in time?

Last edited:

Elenna101

Farmer
I think it is only just over 4000 starfruit wine to afford the obelisks and golden clock, assuming I sell using Artisan without casking. So there should be time to grow and process those using Ginger Island and the Greenhouse. I don't need to buy them all at once! I will probably also do fruit trees in the Greenhouse, as per normal, and hopefully Ancient Fruit on the main farm in Y2 (though I haven't got a seed yet, which is really unusual in my experience - that might be the thing that spoils this run-through, since it will put back greenhouse and CC completion - I have the rare fruit bundle.)
Right, yeah, I was looking at the non-Artisan number by accident. And I forgot you can plant a bunch of them on the island now. Sounds like a good plan.
Good luck with your run!

EDIT: And yes, I fully expect to get screwed over by something dumb like forgetting the 10 garlic for the oil of garlic or only foraging one morel. :P