heard y'all like ama threads

Fat Link

Cowpoke
Do you own the new Krobus plushie from the fan gamer website?

How many different versions of Stardew Valley do you own?

Have you beaten Journey of the Prairie King?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a go-to pepper, hot sauce, or salsa? :3
Nah, just whatever we end up having at the house LOL
I do like salsa a lot though!

what kind of music do you usually listen? I like to listen lo-fi, search for City Girl or Purrple Cat if you can, i'm sure that you will love!
I'm open to diff kinds of music, though my favorite stuff tends to be like... indie type stuff, and things like vaporwave. I'll have to check out your recommendations sometime!

Do you own the new Krobus plushie from the fan gamer website?

How many different versions of Stardew Valley do you own?

Have you beaten Journey of the Prairie King?
I don't! I do own the Sebastian, though. All of them are really cute!

I own 3-- one on PC, one on PS4, and one on Switch

I have not, and I love getting achievements in games so I really want to be able to someday *sob*

LRangerR

Local Legend
I have not, and I love getting achievements in games so I really want to be able to someday *sob*
How often do you try though? lol

I find the RNG being kind to you with the drops helps a lot. There are some days where it seems intent on making your life as difficult as possible.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
How often do you try though? lol

I find the RNG being kind to you with the drops helps a lot. There are some days where it seems intent on making your life as difficult as possible.
not very often honestly, i have to be in the mood to play that game since repeated failure gets to me

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Is this the same girl whose farmer was so determined to beat Sebastian at pool?
i'm a little different from my character! :cry:

What do you love most about Sebastian? He seems a great bachelor.
Gosh, I probably love that he's a bit of a prankster the most. He likes to shake things up for the sake of shaking them up, it's a pretty playful side of him and I love that. One of my favorite lines from him is when you're married to him and he says something super sweet followed by "now go make us some money", cracks me up

What's your favorite food? Mine would probably be pizza, or maybe tacos.
Those are great favorites! If I could only eat one thing ever it'd probably be chicken & rice (just normal rice which cooks with some shredded chicken in the rice-cooker), simple but i could eat it forever, I love it.

Dr. eeL

Farmer
I can imagine sitting across from you at the dinner table, totally enjoying watching you in the flickering light chow down on an order of rice and chicken, and complimenting you on the many hours that you have spend playing and (especially) thinking and writing about the game. I also would note all the zillions of posts that you have read (and felt the emotional impact of). I'd ask your opinion on whether the game has some kind of value as an individual form of play therapy. For those in real life who have taken emotional hits, does playing the game offer some genuine emotional healing? I'd also continue the conversation by noting how easy it is to become invested in the romantic characters, in contrast to the difficulty of doing so in real life, and I'm curious to know if you think that as a result, many might have a tendency to procrastinate in their real life attempts to venture out and find someone special?

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
...I'm curious to know if you think that as a result, many might have a tendency to procrastinate in their real life attempts to venture out and find someone special?
In some extremely rare cases (mostly in japan, where dating sims are very popular), this has been noted to be a problem, but i believe it is a gross generalization of the effects of romance in games. For many it's like reading a romance novel, or excessive watching of certain bourgeois TV channels that project idealized romances, but nobody asks about the psychology of these kinds of medias.

Dr. eeL

Farmer
In some extremely rare cases (mostly in japan, where dating sims are very popular), this has been noted to be a problem, but i believe it is a gross generalization of the effects of romance in games. For many it's like reading a romance novel, or excessive watching of certain bourgeois TV channels that project idealized romances, but nobody asks about the psychology of these kinds of medias.
Hi LRangerR, Pull up a chair and help yourself to some rice and chicken. If you have never tried it, pour yourself a glass of Ramune too. Rare cases are often cited by individuals who have no concept of statistics, and in the case of games (and other things like sharks and vaccines), are often used as part of invalid arguments by individuals who fear them. Compared to the bulk of games, Stardew is noncompetitive, has relaxing music, scenery, and features a greater than average amount of interpersonal interaction with its characters. Because of these features, the game has captured a wide variety of players, male and female, young and old, all of whom are exposed to a stress-ridden world. Sitting across from us is Ms. Magic, and I'd like her thoughts on her experience with the game as a healing tool aiding in the recovery of those individuals who experience stresses, strains, and anxiety.

LRangerR

Local Legend
What the hell are you talking about?

At any rate, I don't want to clutter up this AMA thread with pointless argument.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I can imagine sitting across from you at the dinner table, totally enjoying watching you in the flickering light chow down on an order of rice and chicken, and complimenting you on the many hours that you have spend playing and (especially) thinking and writing about the game. I also would note all the zillions of posts that you have read (and felt the emotional impact of). I'd ask your opinion on whether the game has some kind of value as an individual form of play therapy. For those in real life who have taken emotional hits, does playing the game offer some genuine emotional healing? I'd also continue the conversation by noting how easy it is to become invested in the romantic characters, in contrast to the difficulty of doing so in real life, and I'm curious to know if you think that as a result, many might have a tendency to procrastinate in their real life attempts to venture out and find someone special?

I think you might be the one romanticizing me here a bit... There's really no need in putting me in a dinner scenario, and I'd much rather answer your questions in a more straightforward and honest way online.

Games are a form of therapy for some people, not in a super clinical sense, but they can help make real life much more manageable, and maybe sometimes the issues in games put to perspective things we go through in real life. Of course the game offers emotional healing, but that goes for any media that strikes a chord with us. A book can do the same thing, a movie, a tv show. What we allow ourselves to connect to will change us in some way.

I think most people do not take games in romance too seriously and just enjoy it for what it is.

In RPGs/MMORPGs what class do you pick? I love playing as a healer (and fell in love with a handsome paladin or berserker) and archer.
Not a typical class, but I always loved summoners. If not those, or if a mix, I typically like classes with a lot of strength but not bulky type characters. Like maybe a paladin but not a warrior for example!

Healers and archers are awesome! You are really the backbone of rpgs :awe:

Dr. eeL

Farmer
Sorry about the dinner scenario. I like the AMA format, but hope that lots of others join in the asking part, as I would feel comfortable being the only one asking you questions.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I haven't tried either, but hey I'm open to try any food once. What do you guys prefer?
A lot of people hate pineapples on pizza for some reason, but I love them. They seem to be under the preconception that pizzas should have only one flavor profile, but honestly they're missing out on good food if they continue to limit themselves like that. Kinda like people who only eat ranch on pizza (as in they use it as the base sauce instead of tomato sauce). Blech!

Dr. eeL

Farmer
Our go to pizza is: thick crust, extra cheese, garlic chicken & mushrooms, with a white sauce. Hawaiian (pineapple & ham topping) is extremely popular in California.