Issue Corrupt Multiplayer Save

silvrskw

Tiller
Hi! I host a multiplayer save to play with my sister in which we're in spring of year 2. We played yesterday and everything was fine, but when I opened my save today, most things were reset including my sister not being able to join (it says "no available cabins"). Marnie is also trying to give me my cat again (on what the game thinks is day 1) and all of my furniture and community center progress is missing. My relationships, inventory, minecarts, mine progress, and journal entries are still intact (aside from the new introductions entry).

After looking at ConcernedApe's thread about corrupted files, I searched for "GameLocation xsi" which came up with IslandLocation. We have not unlocked the island in this save.

My mods which SMAPI says have warnings are as follows:

PyTK
SpaceCore
Carry Chest
Json Assets
More Grass
Portraiture
The Love of Cooking

I've included photos as well as dialogue I thought was funny from Sebastian after it gave me a single bed again :)

Could anyone tell me what might be wrong? If necessary I can provide my save file itself.
BF5D3D53-28C0-49B5-AEFD-14E327A6AA6F.png
9A5B0754-5A45-4A96-989E-A3D8A4CC7C0C.png
3D5C8936-26A2-4DB1-8258-A575377985F4.png
3B2992F0-DB2F-4F3F-A5D0-F4A950D25215.png
2F57B73E-5F55-43B4-BA9B-935EB26E5BFE.jpeg
160CF184-E0C3-408C-906D-8C3BCAAF9DD6.png

mouse

Farmer
If you haven't saved since it happened, you might still be able to undo the last save and use one from the day before. If you've saved since, or it still has the same problem, SMAPI comes with a bundled mod that makes backups of your saves once a day. You can find them in a folder called save-backups inside your game folder. You'll likely still lose a little bit of progress, but hopefully will be more intact.

Normally I would assume time traveling issues were caused by steam cloud sync, but in this case the weird mashup of progress does seem like mod issues. You can upload and share the link to your SMAPI log to give more info on your current mods to see if there are problems that can be fixed to keep it from happening again!

silvrskw

Tiller
If you haven't saved since it happened, you might still be able to undo the last save and use one from the day before. If you've saved since, or it still has the same problem, SMAPI comes with a bundled mod that makes backups of your saves once a day. You can find them in a folder called save-backups inside your game folder. You'll likely still lose a little bit of progress, but hopefully will be more intact.

Normally I would assume time traveling issues were caused by steam cloud sync, but in this case the weird mashup of progress does seem like mod issues. You can upload and share the link to your SMAPI log to give more info on your current mods to see if there are problems that can be fixed to keep it from happening again!
Using the SMAPI backups worked perfectly! I also found a few of my mods need updating so hopefully that will help in the future. Thank you so much!