Scripted Tabletop Simulator Module available!

Decided to take LRangerR's suggestion and repost this as a topic.

Here is a link to a TTS module I made for the game: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2420161439

I do have to thank LavaKatana and Tyam for all their help. Without them, I couldn't have finished so fast (or had as nice images).

Thanks again to Cole and Eric for making this game.

I do welcome any constructive feedback people have on the module.

Valimure

Tiller
Maybe I'm just really dumb but I can't find a way to download it. Says "subscribe to download" still even though I've subscribed...

Maybe I'm just really dumb but I can't find a way to download it. Says "subscribe to download" still even though I've subscribed...
When you subscribe, it should appear as a game you can make in TTS, in your Workshop area (3rd row from the top), like this (leftmost column for me since i was in it most recently):

Attachments

Also, I just uploaded a new version where I tweaked a few things for usability. This includes adding personal trash bags for each player, and locking the player mats so you don't move them around on accident when grabbing resources of your mat.

I did go through and add tooltips for each Season Card, if people need it, such as people who have issues telling the colors of the Crows. (see https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/color-deficiency.6329/)

RecklessDreamer

Greenhorn
Any chance we could get a Non-scripted version? I love using TTS to learn how to set up a game, and if its already set up for me, I feel like im missing out.

Any chance we could get a Non-scripted version? I love using TTS to learn how to set up a game, and if its already set up for me, I feel like im missing out.
This would be really cool actually.
I have just uploaded a version with a Disable Scripts button. Clicking that will remove all the script buttons (and it will last even if you save a game in progress, of course).

For convince, I did have it unlock the player boards, stack the starting tool decks, and add in the Snap points for the boards and you card locations as one last bit of scripting when you click it. The latter has been typically done when a player selected a board.

I also added permanent snap points onto the board where the scripts put the Goals, Bundles, and Map cards.

RecklessDreamer

Greenhorn
I have just uploaded a version with a Disable Scripts button. Clicking that will remove all the script buttons (and it will last even if you save a game in progress, of course).

For convince, I did have it unlock the player boards, stack the starting tool decks, and add in the Snap points for the boards and you card locations as one last bit of scripting when you click it. The latter has been typically done when a player selected a board.

I also added permanent snap points onto the board where the scripts put the Goals, Bundles, and Map cards.
Thats very, VERY cool! Thank you so much!

Junamji

Newcomer
I love the scripted version of the game! Makes everything much more smooth and I've been playing it almost every single day :)

I have a couple of suggestions to improve the experience:

1. Have individual discard piles for villagers, items, etc. This would help with certain effect activations that require specific discard piles (for example Linus's "choose an item from item discard pile" or the event that allows you to "befriend a villager from the discard pile"

2. Legendary fish, when discarded, are always placed back into the fish bag instead of actually being discarded like other fish tiles. So having a script that is specific to legendary fish would be great.

3. This is minor, but the grandpa's goals card that are not in play are slightly larger than the ones that are in play after setup. One event card allows you to replace a goal card.

Again, thank you and everyone else that helped you create this module!

I love the scripted version of the game! Makes everything much more smooth and I've been playing it almost every single day :)

I have a couple of suggestions to improve the experience:

1. Have individual discard piles for villagers, items, etc. This would help with certain effect activations that require specific discard piles (for example Linus's "choose an item from item discard pile" or the event that allows you to "befriend a villager from the discard pile"

2. Legendary fish, when discarded, are always placed back into the fish bag instead of actually being discarded like other fish tiles. So having a script that is specific to legendary fish would be great.

3. This is minor, but the grandpa's goals card that are not in play are slightly larger than the ones that are in play after setup. One event card allows you to replace a goal card.

Again, thank you and everyone else that helped you create this module!
Apologies for the delayed response to your feedback, but here it goes:

1) You can just make a discard pile by the decks, so there isn't a need. If you do need to search a discard pile, you can right click and use TTS's Search feature.

2) So, you're partly right. When a Legendary Fish is discarded from the Season Card having the "Fish Move" it does go back to the Fishing Bag (which the scripting already handles). However, if you use a Legendary Fish for anything, it is discarded as any other fish would be.

3) At first, I was confused when I read this, but then I looked at the module, and I think I saw why you thought that. I had the cards scripted too close, so the placed out Grandpa Goals had some overlapping, which I think created an illusion they were smaller then the deck (which they aren't). I have just uploaded a new version with a bit more spacing between those cards,

So, I got some feedback DM'd to me from LRangerR and I have updated the module with said feedback and some stuff from Junamji:

* Corrected the Mine Event Deck orientation.
* When selecting "Disable Scripts", the Forageable, Fish, Joja, and Artifact/Mineral bags become unlocked and are moveable.
* Moved the position of the 4 player trash bags.
* Adjusted the scripted starting position of the Grandpa Goals and Community Center cards, along with their snap points.
* Removed some miscellaneous snap points that were hard to tell where they were.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

EDIT: Added the note on the Mine Event Deck. I genuinely don't know how I didn't notice it was wrong >.>

Last edited:

DJModulo

Sodbuster
I've been using the TTS version of the board game and it has been an absolute blast; thanks for creating and updating the module!

My only minor nitpick: When discarding a non-Item card in the personal bin (most notably profession upgrades, but also events/mine events), it goes into the Items discard, which can be confusing for things that retrieve items. Is there a way to re-code the script to put them into the general discard?