Allow locking certain items to certain spots in the inventory

Lonnie123

Greenhorn
Switch player here. The inventory can often be a frustrating experience, and I know there is a button to organize things but it rearranges my tools and other objects I like in certain places.

I would like the option to “lock” certain inventory items to particular inventory spots so I can organize the inventory without messing up the rest of my layout.

Odin

Staff member
Inventory management is certainly not as elegant on console or mobile. My recommendation in the meantime would be to make use of the ability to "cycle" through inventory rows so you don't have to spend as much time moving items around :)

Lonnie123

Greenhorn
Inventory management is certainly not as elegant on console or mobile. My recommendation in the meantime would be to make use of the ability to "cycle" through inventory rows so you don't have to spend as much time moving items around :)
Oh I definitely do that, but it’s still a tad frustrating.

for example: I wake up and go into the coop and barn and collect all my stuff. The milk and eggs could be spread over all 3 rows, and it would be nice to hit the organize button but it will mess with the stuff I like to have in a certain order.

Same deal with gifts and such. It would be nice to have an “unmovable” modifier built into the inventory slot.