Custom House Building + Terrain Design

Dreisang

Greenhorn
I, personally, would like the ability to design your own house from scratch, being able to construct rooms yourself. There are a few mechanics that could be implemented, these will be explained below.

Buying the Ability
"But I already have a house! How do I get access?" You may ask me. Well, good for you to ask, for I will be explaining below.
First off, you'll need to deconstruct your entire house, essentially removing it from the game. This could be done for a hefty fee of 50-100 thousand gold at Robins.
Once demolished, a small camp will be set up for you on your plot, similar to Linus's. Here, you can begin to build your house as you so please.
The first step of building a house is a little complicated at a glance, but you will need to construct an exterior.
Building the exterior will take you to a screen which displays your farm. Here, you will have the ability to place down structures in a grid, each structure costing different prices and/or materials. If you have the resources, it will cost less to build. You can build a deck, etc:
You also have the ability to build up to five stories tall. Now that is a mansion! The house can also be as large or small as you want.
You can build anywhere on your plot, and requirements must be met to consider it a valid place to live in.
-There is a door to enter the house.
-The house is in an accessible area.
-There are walls.
-A mailbox is placed outside.
-A roof has been constructed.

Building The Interior
You've built your exterior! But that is only one half of the house done. Now, you can build up your interior, which is currently nonexistent.
First off, you will need to build rooms from scratch. This can be done by constructing interior walls, and making them connect to form a valid room. You can alter the room's theme to be a greenhouse, kitchen, etc:
Once the room is completed, you will be able to select from a catalog of wallpapers and floorings.
To connect different rooms, you will need to construct a corridor in a wall. Once you are done, you can either move up to the next floor or design the floor however you so please, buying things from a catalog.
In order to have a proper interior, different requirements must be met.
-Your bed must be placed somewhere in the house.
-Your spouse's room must be placed.
-A nursery must be placed.
-The bedroom can be accessed by both the player and spouse.
-The Nursery can be entered by all inhabitants.
-A kitchen must be placed.

Terraforming
Are you getting sick of the same old farm? Why not add a few ponds or a river? Perhaps even some cliffsides.
With a new terraforming option at Robin's, you can not build cliffs, rivers, ponds, and so much more!

Ellajoy

Rancher
I, personally, would like the ability to design your own house from scratch, being able to construct rooms yourself. There are a few mechanics that could be implemented, these will be explained below.

Buying the Ability
"But I already have a house! How do I get access?" You may ask me. Well, good for you to ask, for I will be explaining below.
First off, you'll need to deconstruct your entire house, essentially removing it from the game. This could be done for a hefty fee of 50-100 thousand gold at Robins.
Once demolished, a small camp will be set up for you on your plot, similar to Linus's. Here, you can begin to build your house as you so please.
The first step of building a house is a little complicated at a glance, but you will need to construct an exterior.
Building the exterior will take you to a screen which displays your farm. Here, you will have the ability to place down structures in a grid, each structure costing different prices and/or materials. If you have the resources, it will cost less to build. You can build a deck, etc:
You also have the ability to build up to five stories tall. Now that is a mansion! The house can also be as large or small as you want.
You can build anywhere on your plot, and requirements must be met to consider it a valid place to live in.
-There is a door to enter the house.
-The house is in an accessible area.
-There are walls.
-A mailbox is placed outside.
-A roof has been constructed.

Building The Interior
You've built your exterior! But that is only one half of the house done. Now, you can build up your interior, which is currently nonexistent.
First off, you will need to build rooms from scratch. This can be done by constructing interior walls, and making them connect to form a valid room. You can alter the room's theme to be a greenhouse, kitchen, etc:
Once the room is completed, you will be able to select from a catalog of wallpapers and floorings.
To connect different rooms, you will need to construct a corridor in a wall. Once you are done, you can either move up to the next floor or design the floor however you so please, buying things from a catalog.
In order to have a proper interior, different requirements must be met.
-Your bed must be placed somewhere in the house.
-Your spouse's room must be placed.
-A nursery must be placed.
-The bedroom can be accessed by both the player and spouse.
-The Nursery can be entered by all inhabitants.
-A kitchen must be placed.

Terraforming
Are you getting sick of the same old farm? Why not add a few ponds or a river? Perhaps even some cliffsides.
With a new terraforming option at Robin's, you can not build cliffs, rivers, ponds, and so much more!
Awesome!!!!