[Spoilers] New ore

Cptldsilver

Planter
Does anyone have any tips to make this stuff show up more during the invasion quests? Feels like I'm only getting a node once every 20-30 floors.

Zamiel

Sodbuster
- Set up 100+ Crystalariums with Jade.
- Trade Jade to Desert Trader for Staircases. You will quickly have infinite amounts of them.
- Manually edit the zoom value in your save file to go past 75% (optional).
- Simply staircase past any floor that doesn't have a radioactive node.

If you don't want to bother with crystalariums, the far easier route is to simply buy stone from Robin in unlimited quantities and craft staircases.

Cptldsilver

Planter
I already have 100's of staircases I'm trying to figure out a way so that I don't have to use 100 staircases to get 3-5 nodes. I tried turning on the shrine in the mines and resetting floor 101 but got poor results as well. I also tried maxing my luck out (2 luck rings, lucky charm, magic rock candy) but that didn't seem to have an effect either. I think their just extremely rare and their is not a realistic way to grind them efficiently.

Zamiel

Sodbuster
Another thing to mention is that you can do the "Skull Cavern Invasion" quest, and you can combine farming radioactive ore with farming iridium & Omni Geodes (if you still need them for e.g. Desert Trader hats). And remember to leave the Skull Cavern at level 99 so that it stays in the dangerous mode. I was able to get a lot of radioactive ore this way.

Cptldsilver

Planter
Ok, so on further testing I can say with 99.99% certainty that radioactive nodes are affected by luck. But it appears that only daily luck affects it and NOT any other luck buff. Still uncertain if the spawn rates of it are the same at all levels of the mine and skull cavern. Right now it seems that they spawn at a given rate according to daily luck and ignore floor level but I could be wrong.

bioweapon

Farmhand
Ok, so on further testing I can say with 99.99% certainty that radioactive nodes are affected by luck. But it appears that only daily luck affects it and NOT any other luck buff. Still uncertain if the spawn rates of it are the same at all levels of the mine and skull cavern. Right now it seems that they spawn at a given rate according to daily luck and ignore floor level but I could be wrong.
Can confirm. Some experience: I only go out farming Radioactive Ores with best daily luck (purple star). I bring Pumpkin Soup too. I start at level 80 at 8 am. Usually, I go home at 1:30 am with 20-ish ores. The best day I got 35. Seems like this thing is just universally rare. On neutral or worse daily luck, I can't seem to find any ore at all lol

Cptldsilver

Planter
Can confirm. Some experience: I only go out farming Radioactive Ores with best daily luck (purple star). I bring Pumpkin Soup too. I start at level 80 at 8 am. Usually, I go home at 1:30 am with 20-ish ores. The best day I got 35. Seems like this thing is just universally rare. On neutral or worse daily luck, I can't seem to find any ore at all lol
On a very good luck day I went to the skull cavern and got almost 200 ore after grinding close to 200 floors. The count really didn't seem to up with floor count though.

BlaDe

Farmer
High daily luck definitely has gives the highest chance of spawning it. Luck buffs do add to it, but at a very low rate.

Rock candy adds 0.08%, max daily luck adds 0.77% per rock.

Skull cavern floor 1 is equivalent to Mines floor 121

Drullo321

Sodbuster
This is why I don't like grindy MMOs and stuff. I hope that's not the direction SDV is going in. That'd be a shame.
Looking at the things you can craft with radioactive bars / ores, on paper
the most useful would be the heavy tapper
. But considering you can't craft many of them due
to hardwood and ore quantities
and due to the fact that you may have possibly already
enough normal tappers
at that stage of the game, i don't feel any need to grind them.

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Can you spoilerfy all the things you can make with radioactive stuffs? I haven't gotten there yet but i'm curious about what you can do with them.
Looking at the things you can craft with radioactive bars / ores, on paper the most useful would be the heavy tapper. But considering you can't craft many of them due to hardwood and ore quantities and due to the fact that you may have possibly already enough normal tappers at that stage of the game, i don't feel any need to grind them.

Cptldsilver

Planter
High daily luck definitely has gives the highest chance of spawning it. Luck buffs do add to it, but at a very low rate.

Rock candy adds 0.08%, max daily luck adds 0.77% per rock.

Skull cavern floor 1 is equivalent to Mines floor 121
Thanks for the info! Do you have any insight into monster musk and the invasion quest lines?

Cptldsilver

Planter
Not yet, but i could have a look at some point. Anything specific?
I'd be interested in knowing how many more enemies are spawning when both those things are active. From my playthrough it feels like 3 to 5x the number of enemies compared to the normal skull cavern.

imnvs

Local Legend
Looking at the things you can craft with radioactive bars / ores, on paper
the most useful would be the heavy tapper
. But considering you can't craft many of them due
to hardwood and ore quantities
and due to the fact that you may have possibly already
enough normal tappers
at that stage of the game, i don't feel any need to grind them.
They allow you to have the same production with half the number of trees, allowing you to free up space. I just chopped took down 36 tappers, chopped down 18 trees and put heavies on the remaining 18. That frees up quite a bit of space.

Cptldsilver

Planter
They allow you to have the same production with half the number of trees, allowing you to free up space. I just chopped took down 36 tappers, chopped down 18 trees and put heavies on the remaining 18. That frees up quite a bit of space.
You dont have to tap your trees on the farm.

imnvs

Local Legend
Desert is a popular place. Warp totems are cheap too.
Yes, but the farm is still more convenient than anywhere else. It is right there where you wake up every morning. If I'm having to run to the quarry or backwoods or the desert regularly to check on my trees, I'm wasting time that could be better spent. Then, to be honest, I also feel it kinda cheap to use what should be public spaces as if they were just an extension of my space on the farm.

For someone that plays like I play (as in not taking advantage of the fact that the code doesn't have folks come take your stuff regularly when you leave it lying around in the woods or something like and doesn't have the bus demolish your kegs in the backwoods), the heavy tapper isn't bad. You play how you play. Do what you'd like. Don't judge an addition to the game only based on your min-max playstyle.