PC [BUG] Game consistently crashes when inviting user for multiplayer (Mac)

Hi there! I am very new to Stardew Valley and so far, hooboy I'm loving it. I only got it so my partner and I could build a cute little farm on multiplayer mode, but 90% of the time they invite me, their game crashes and I lose connection. (We are both on a mac)

There are variations in this bug. For example, sometimes they send me an invite code and that crashes their game. If that's the case, they usually invite me from within Steam. Pretty much one or the other option works randomly. (I also never see their farm/name when I click on "co-op"). Sometimes, when we successfully connect via multiplayer, the game crashes randomly mid play. So frustrating, I just want to love this game :-(

Is there a way I can grab log files/crash logs? Couldn't locate them from within the folder contents. I would really love this fixed :-( It's also worth noting, I tried to go to Steam and reinstall the game + verify the integrity of game files in Steam

slyyx

Newcomer
Having similar issues. Girlfriend and I are both using macs running macOS Big Sur. Our games are constantly crashing, however ~80% of the crashes happen when we go to sleep for the night, right before it saves. Sometimes I (the guest player) am kicked from the game at a random point in the day and it'll say something similar to "Connection closed", even though the game host is still playing.

Also struggling to find error/crash logs

Having similar issues. Girlfriend and I are both using macs running macOS Big Sur. Our games are constantly crashing, however ~80% of the crashes happen when we go to sleep for the night, right before it saves. Sometimes I (the guest player) am kicked from the game at a random point in the day and it'll say something similar to "Connection closed", even though the game host is still playing.

Also struggling to find error/crash logs
I have a theory this game might have bugs on Big Sur because the OS is still pretty new.Will test this out on my other mac that isn’t running Big sur

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
On Mac, your crash logs should be in ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
(If you can't find that folder directly, you should be able to get there via Finder > Go > Go to folder and typing that in, but I'm not super familiar with macs even before latest update :) )

On Mac, your crash logs should be in ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
(If you can't find that folder directly, you should be able to get there via Finder > Go > Go to folder and typing that in, but I'm not super familiar with macs even before latest update :) )
Thanks, I tried that earlier and it wasn't able to find the error logs. I tried to manually find it in the folders within the game, still no luck