Coding Help Help! I don't know what's wrong :c

Cristallity

Greenhorn
Hello! I'm Cristal and I'm a first-time modder.
I've been working in my NPC for about a week, and I thought it was ready but when I tried it, it didn't work.
This is what's shown.
problem.png

I have rewrited the content.json many times already but it still doesn't work, I don't know what I did wrong... Help :c

Wingheart

Sodbuster
Something is messed up somewhere in the first three lines of your Content.json. There's a Json parser on the SMAPI site that might be more helpful, and gives a parsed JSON link that you can share for more specific help.

mouse

Farmer
Link to the aforementioned JSON parser. For a content.json for Content Patcher you can use the "Content Patcher" option in the dropdown, so it will not only check if the file is generic valid JSON, but also look for CP-specific errors.

Also, if you're using Notepad (or some other generic plaintext editor) for your JSON files, using one with a bit more functionality can save you a lot of headaches. Notepad++, VS Code (not studio), SublimeText, Atom, etc are all downloadable for free and support syntax highlighting, so things like missing commas, quotation marks, forgetting to close (or open) various brackets etc will all be highlighted.

Cristallity

Greenhorn
Link to the aforementioned JSON parser. For a content.json for Content Patcher you can use the "Content Patcher" option in the dropdown, so it will not only check if the file is generic valid JSON, but also look for CP-specific errors.

Also, if you're using Notepad (or some other generic plaintext editor) for your JSON files, using one with a bit more functionality can save you a lot of headaches. Notepad++, VS Code (not studio), SublimeText, Atom, etc are all downloadable for free and support syntax highlighting, so things like missing commas, quotation marks, forgetting to close (or open) various brackets etc will all be highlighted.
Thank you so much! I had one error and now it's gone <3
Now I just need to no how to make schedule and dialogue work.
I'm working with notepad and visual studio, but I think I'll download Notepad++ to see if it's better
Again, thanks