Prehistoric scapula

Darth Revan

Sodbuster
On the English wiki it says that the prehistoric scapula can be found in the Pelican town and in the Cindersap forest with a 1% chance of finding it in the Pelican town but on the Spanish wiki it says I can only find it in the Cindersap forest, which wiki should i trust?

tsmooth920

Farmhand
Yep, that one can be a real turd to find. I had one save where I got it on day 1 or 2 in the bus stop area, and my main save where it was the last artifact I needed to complete the museum and didn't find it until y3 down in cindersap by where you get spring onions...

Can be found in either area though.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
a lot of the other language wikis are outdated (some even only to 1.2 ): )so you should totally update it if you notice it, that being said i don't really know how editing the wiki works, i only did it like twice and then was intimidated to after lol

Chililover

Planter
a lot of the other language wikis are outdated (some even only to 1.2 ): )so you should totally update it if you notice it, that being said i don't really know how editing the wiki works, i only did it like twice and then was intimidated to after lol
I've never personally edited a wiki, but I found a wiki (of all things lol) about editing wiki, idk if the sdv wiki uses the same system, but from the looks of it wiki looks really hard to do, here's this anyway if you want it lol!

Odin

Staff member
that being said i don't really know how editing the wiki works, i only did it like twice and then was intimidated to after lol
from the looks of it wiki looks really hard to do
It's actually not too tough, the trick is just to reference guides or existing pages to get an idea of how things are going to be formatted, and then use the preview button a whole bunch to make sure everything looks right before pushing the change. And you definitely don't have to memorize every standard or convention to make smaller edits. I've made a bunch of wiki edits, but I still don't know everything involved with image uploading or creating new pages.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I would like to commend a certain R. Gamer on the excellent use of zero Energy by 9:20 in the morning and simultaneously lazing about in a Museum on a Monday morning when there is clearly work to be done. By other people. However there are those who feel a tad reticent to award any official status badges of Lazy Achievement (the finest oxymoron in the known lands) due to the apparent meticulousness of the Museum Collection arrangement displayed herein.

However. Seeing as this seeming display of greater than average effort is in the service of making the community expend less effort overall and therefore helping to realize the Lazy Achiever's charter of delaying the ultimate Heat Death of the Universe by just a few minutes, I hereby bestow on R. Gamer the First, Pompous, and Mostly Completed Seal of Lazy Service to Stardew Valley.

Wear it in a rocking chair with pride.

Rhiannon

Farmer
First off RG, I love how you arranged the artifacts. I have tried to do that with mine but realize I will need to work on it a bit. Secondly, how do you know you are only two items away from completion? I see seven slots open on your picture but didn't know if we had to fill them all. For me, on my "collections" tab, I am missing one gem and three artifacts so I'm assuming I need four more. PLEASE tell me I don't have to go into Skull Cave to get any of them. :(

Ereo

Helper
There are a couple of slots still open if you complete the museum. Easiest way to check if you have everything is to arrange them like the picture on the wiki.

None of the things are exclusive to skull cavern, so if you don't like going there don't worry. The amount of omni geodes you can get makes completing the museum easier, though.

imnvs

Local Legend
Secondly, how do you know you are only two items away from completion?
My preferred way to check what is up is to pause my game while sleeping using the chat command. That was as soon as I wake up, the game is paused... and saved. Then go to the checkup tool. There's a link to it on the wiki, how I found it. I bookmarked it myself. Link: https://mouseypounds.github.io/stardew-checkup/ (To use it you may have to show hidden files to get access to the correct folders, or at least I did.) It tells you just about everything.

Sigrah

Farmer
I only have two artifacts left to donate, and the scapula is still one of them!
Here's a copy of my museum layout if it'll help you figure out what you're missing. Or I could just tell you what you're missing if you don't want to figure it out yourself. Either way, here's hoping you get them both soon ;)

You're missing the Prehistoric Scapula and the Ancient Seed.

Sigrah's Museum Layout Plan.png

Um, so, like... now do I get my parade, or... ?

😂

LZ I am happy to be so eloquently jabbed with such poetic flair.

And ::ahem:: I must say, I actually ventured over to the museum on that fine day with the sole intent of taking this screen shot, so as to share it here and insodoing, lament the challenges I have endured whilst trying to find the elusive (to me, anyway) prehistoric scapula.

Perhaps I can display my new badge, in place of the prehistoric scapula which I apparently shall never find, with pride and honour in the lovely local museum ... maybe with a plaque if I’m lucky.

Oh, and does the badge come with the rocking chair, or do I have to supply that myself? Cuz... that kinda sounds like work to me...

Yours in pompous laziness,
R. G.

🌹

However. Seeing as this seeming display of greater than average effort is in the service of making the community expend less effort overall and therefore helping to realize the Lazy Achiever's charter of delaying the ultimate Heat Death of the Universe by just a few minutes, I hereby bestow on R. Gamer the First, Pompous, and Mostly Completed Seal of Lazy Service to Stardew Valley.

Wear it in a rocking chair with pride.

thank you! I only arranged them in that manner in order to find out what I was missing. If you arrange them the same way as shown on the wiki page then you can confirm exactly what you are missing :)

First off RG, I love how you arranged the artifacts. I have tried to do that with mine but realize I will need to work on it a bit. Secondly, how do you know you are only two items away from completion? I see seven slots open on your picture but didn't know if we had to fill them all. For me, on my "collections" tab, I am missing one gem and three artifacts so I'm assuming I need four more. PLEASE tell me I don't have to go into Skull Cave to get any of them. :(

Lew Zealand

Helper
Um, so, like... now do I get my parade, or... ?

😂

LZ I am happy to be so eloquently jabbed with such poetic flair.

And ::ahem:: I must say, I actually ventured over to the museum on that fine day with the sole intent of taking this screen shot, so as to share it here and insodoing, lament the challenges I have endured whilst trying to find the elusive (to me, anyway) prehistoric scapula.

Perhaps I can display my new badge, in place of the prehistoric scapula which I apparently shall never find, with pride and honour in the lovely local museum ... maybe with a plaque if I’m lucky.

Oh, and does the badge come with the rocking chair, or do I have to supply that myself? Cuz... that kinda sounds like work to me...

Yours in pompous laziness,
R. G.

🌹
As it happens, the badges and other official paraphernalia are generally scraped together from whichever fluff and old chicken bones are found laying about the semi-annual Grand Meeting Hall/sewing room. It is not outside the realm of possibility that your very badge will contain upwards of 15% Prehistoric Scapula among its makeup, which coincidentally makes it eligible, by the laws of The United States of Antarctica, to be included as a Vegetable in a state-provided school lunch. It has a most pleasant crunch and earthy bouquet, with notes of sloth and restiveness.

Therefore the receipt of this relatively mediocre honor allows you not only to further complete the Museum Collection, but simultaneously be used as a Pass Card to remove a more accomplished posterior from any rocking chair this side of Zuzu City. You may use the following checklist to identify the aforementioned excessive accomplishment:

Perspiration in any room temp below 25C
Farmer tan
Deep breaths other than sighs
Unhealthily low layer of protective fat
Excessively dirty clothing
Excessively clean clothing

I'm sure there are others but frankly, I'm tapped out. I leave you with a single extra piece of advice, however. Don't even try to remove His Least Effortful of Daily Slumbers, whom nary a soul has seen move from his rocking chair since Lewis was last seen in short trousers. Even his terse name speaks to the serene balance of his rocking: Gil.

thank you!

i did know which ones I was missing, hence the specific collection arrangement

I’m only missing that darn scapula now!

BFA85567-B1AB-4441-95B2-6A1811E8D952.jpeg

I must admit, I am loathe to relinquish my distinguished, pompous, and Mostly Completed Seal of Lazy Service to Stardew Valley badge of honour by grinding it out and digging up all of the darned Cindersap forest.

perhaps Gil has some advice for me...

Here's a copy of my museum layout if it'll help you figure out what you're missing. Or I could just tell you what you're missing if you don't want to figure it out yourself. Either way, here's hoping you get them both soon ;)

You're missing the Prehistoric Scapula and the Ancient Seed.

View attachment 1556

Sigrah

Farmer
thank you!

i did know which ones I was missing, hence the specific collection arrangement

I’m only missing that darn scapula now!

I must admit, I am loathe to relinquish my distinguished, pompous, and Mostly Completed Seal of Lazy Service to Stardew Valley badge of honour by grinding it out and digging up all of the darned Cindersap forest.

perhaps Gil has some advice for me...
Some artifacts love you, others avoid you like the plague. For me, I can almost always get the ancient seed some how, some way in Spring Year 1, be it from bugs in the mines, fishing on all those rainy days for catfish, or the occasional artifact spot in the mountains. But, finding Elvish Jewelry? That's always, ALWAYS like pulling teeth for me. I once burned through 500+ Omni Geodes buying artifact troves from the desert nomad and *still* did not get it. I guess the elves hate me, probably because of all those trees I cut down in Cindersap for wood throughout the game.

I play on Xbox, is there a way to do this using an Xbox save file?

My preferred way to check what is up is to pause my game while sleeping using the chat command. That was as soon as I wake up, the game is paused... and saved. Then go to the checkup tool. There's a link to it on the wiki, how I found it. I bookmarked it myself. Link: https://mouseypounds.github.io/stardew-checkup/ (To use it you may have to show hidden files to get access to the correct folders, or at least I did.) It tells you just about everything.