Dating Multiple Bachelors and Bachelorettes

shimm3r

Farmhand
I know that we can basically give bouquets to all singles in your area lol. But I was wondering what would happen if you get 10 hearts for all of them, then you decide to marry one of them, what would happen to the rest? Will the hearts go down? Will the tagging go back to single? And would there dialog with you go back to before you were dating? 🤔

Boo1972

Farmer
Actually, they stay at 10 hearts, go back to “single”, but still have the bouquet next to their name. The dialogue is like they don’t care that you’re married - lots of hints about setting down It’s a tad awkward after you’ve been married several years with 2 kids. This is my experience playing on mobile, so it may be slightly different on other platforms.

Chililover

Planter
Actually, they stay at 10 hearts, go back to “single”, but still have the bouquet next to their name. The dialogue is like they don’t care that you’re married - lots of hints about setting down It’s a tad awkward after you’ve been married several years with 2 kids. This is my experience playing on mobile, so it may be slightly different on other platforms.
a nice feature for 1.5 would be that they except that your married. Depending on who it was, Haley would probably get mad, but a good feature for 1.5 would be to at least remove the settings dialogue lol!

shimm3r

Farmhand
Ohhhhhhhh! So they basically still flirt with you lol hahaha, Definitely awkward hahaha

Sigrah

Farmer
a nice feature for 1.5 would be that they except that your married. Depending on who it was, Haley would probably get mad, but a good feature for 1.5 would be to at least remove the settings dialogue lol!
I still wish we could have a “friendship path to 10 hearts instead of the mandatory romance option. It’s just a bit awkward when I’m married to Penny already and I enter the secret forest in the evening only to realize Emily is waiting there for me and our “camping adventure”.

Pretty sure Penny would be pretty pissed off and wanting to know why I didn’t come home last night, and God knows I wouldn't be able to come up with a convincing lie about it. If I were married to Abigail at the time, I’m pretty sure she’d bury me next to the monster that tried to kill me, then leave an apology note for the monster saying she killed the wrong “monster”. And I don’t want to even think of what Haley would do, but thankfully, I never marry her, and have no intention of finding out.

Ereo

Helper
Well, if you didn't want awkwardness, you shouldn't have dated everyone in a small town :P

But I'd prefer it if either 8 meant full hearts for everyone, or you could reach 10 on a friendship level and then two extra would be added if you give the bouquet, just like the four hearts get added at your wedding.

And I think it's a bit strange that most of the 8 heart events hint that the bachelor*ette is in love with you. I mean, come on, everyone just fell in love cause I talked two sentences with them every couple of days?

shimm3r

Farmhand
So I married Alex today, he i just won my heart! And it looks like they definitely flirt with you still and have 10 hearts so I decided to restart the day before marriage and broke up with the rest hahaha

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
And I think it's a bit strange that most of the 8 heart events hint that the bachelor*ette is in love with you. I mean, come on, everyone just fell in love cause I talked two sentences with them every couple of days?
i fell in love with them that way, why can't they do the same? :cry:

So I married Alex today, he i just won my heart! And it looks like they definitely flirt with you still and have 10 hearts so I decided to restart the day before marriage and broke up with the rest hahaha
alex deserves so much love because he doesn't get enough of it. glad you made your choice, though all of them are great of course

Quillmagic

Farmer

alex deserves so much love because he doesn't get enough of it. glad you made your choice, though all of them are great of course
I totally get it, and I just... love all the characters so much. It is a little bit weird when they start flirting with you, but I guess it's enticing you to be their boyfriend/girlfriend? It would be kind of nice if in the next update they'd stop hitting on you after marriage.

YES Alex is one of my favorites. His 4-heart event really got me. I was close to tears... and I think I'll (finally) be able to trigger his 8-heart event in my current play through! My favorites are probably Sebastian, Abigail, Alex, Penny, Maru, Sam, Leah... uh-oh... I have a lot of friends. :whistle:

shimm3r

Farmhand

I did not expect I would love Alex this much, in my previous saves I was a Shane and Seb person, but now Alex went all the way up to no. 1 for me hahaha, he is just a sweet husband

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay... a common suggestion that (iirc) is being considered is a platonic way to 10 hearts with the singles after marriage. How that would be implemented and if dialogues would change... that would be it's own thread, if you ask me. (Though, on the record, I think that dialogues changing would be perfect to represent the platonic nature of the friendship.)

However... in the current way to get them all to 10, if you do, watch out. I don't want to spoil anything, but just as you might imagine, as Ereo said, expect things to get complicated since you're dating multiple people in a town with a population of under 40.

Anhaga

Rancher
This always bugs me. I wish there were dialog changes after marriage--having at least some characters (like your spouse's family, for instance!) recognize that you're married would be really nice.

Boo1972

Farmer
Yeah I agree. I married Elliot first and While I was relieved none of the people I was dating hated me, it was a little awkward when they flirted with me. My second farmer married Sebastian and it’s very weird that no one in his family acknowledges our marriage or kids. I think even changing some dialogue would work. Like asking how married life is going instead of how the farm is going.

Rhiannon

Farmer
Well now I have a new goal in my eventual third save: get everyone to 10 hearts before I marry. That never occurred to me. Thanks guys!

imnvs

Local Legend
Well now I have a new goal in my eventual third save: get everyone to 10 hearts before I marry.
On my first save, I was doing exactly that. I got all the bachelors and bachelorettes up to 8, then started giving out bouquets and getting folks up to 10 in groups of 3. I did the girls first, and triggered the group 10:heart: event with a rabbit's foot (because I carry one around with me for luck). I was working on the guys next, but didn't get to trigger the event for them, and then I was going to ask Krobus to move in. 😆😅😂🤣

...but I had to abandon that game because of migrating to a new computer. I'm looking to get that save off the old computer eventually. In the meantime I have a multi-player save and a single. In the multi I married Leah, no funny business with dating lots of folks. In the single I'm planning on trying again at being a Lothario. 😉

Rounen

Greenhorn
On my first save, I was doing exactly that. I got all the bachelors and bachelorettes up to 8, then started giving out bouquets and getting folks up to 10 in groups of 3. I did the girls first, and triggered the group 10:heart: event with a rabbit's foot (because I carry one around with me for luck). I was working on the guys next, but didn't get to trigger the event for them, and then I was going to ask Krobus to move in. 😆😅😂🤣

...but I had to abandon that game because of migrating to a new computer. I'm looking to get that save off the old computer eventually. In the meantime I have a multi-player save and a single. In the multi I married Leah, no funny business with dating lots of folks. In the single I'm planning on trying again at being a Lothario. 😉
Hey, i know it was ages ago you wrote this down but i just need another comfirm, so when you made them have 10 hearts did you marry one of them? do their hearts decreased after that?
i'm not quite someone that like to have a harem myself xD but the urge to see everyone's heart scene is so big i decided to just 10 hearts everyone.

Wish me luck, i just got recently addicted to stardew huehehe.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Gonna have to admit, the frustrations with romance are what led to me using mods in the first place. I wanted to become better friends with folks without triggering jealousy or needing to flirt, I wanted to date more than one person without it meaning instant jealousy (I know too many poly people IRL). And there are mods for both, but I do sometimes wonder if *ConcernedApe* could ever rethink the romance so that at there are legit "just friends" alternative paths, ot that at least you don't have half the town pining after your farmer and never mentioning their spouse when your farmer is happily married to their best match.

Boo1972

Farmer
Hey, i know it was ages ago you wrote this down but i just need another comfirm, so when you made them have 10 hearts did you marry one of them? do their hearts decreased after that?
i'm not quite someone that like to have a harem myself xD but the urge to see everyone's heart scene is so big i decided to just 10 hearts everyone.

Wish me luck, i just got recently addicted to stardew huehehe.
No, if you marry an NPC your other romantic partners will remain romantically invested in you. No heart decreases, no cold shoulder, no acknowledgement of the marriage. It’s before you’re married and everyone is at 10 hearts that things can get interesting