1.6 Update 1.6.9 Features, Fixes, Frogs

riklaunim

Sodbuster
So the public beta is up, fixes are rolling in, and the changelog is at https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-6-9-public-beta/

The first question would be - when it's expected to be released? Then what unlisted changes/fixes will it have? (someone commented on legendary fish in fish ponds).

It's focused on fixes and polishing of systems and items, it would be cool to be able to customize a new playthrough a bit more or have the spring/first-year path a bit shaken. Like control remixed CC bundles even more (no-animals/mostly animals), same for help wanted quests (enable/disable some categories, maybe increase the 2-day timer). Then we have Artisan vs animal professions, less appealing spring crops, and some animals (mostly coop, maybe unlock egg quality effect on the artisan product in a way like what happens for ostrich?), and a general drift towards multi-harvest crops. Moss soup at Harvesting 3 could be replaced with something more realistic/usable, maybe salmonberry-oriented or any foraged edible.

Some differentiating features between farm types could be interesting. Wilderness farm could get for example a Slime Hutch, it's not a popular farm type ;) Some more flavor for other farm types.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The 1.6.9 update is releasing at the same time on November 4th for all platforms. I'd assume early PST time zone because that's where CA is stationed and generally does stuff early in the morning to troubleshoot.

Expect what's in the change log and not much else, pretty much everything that's being added is already listed there, it's primarily bug fixes and modding changes to best leave the game off thriving (though a fair - just not guaranteed - chance it'll be revisited in the future)

The 1.6.9 update is releasing at the same time on November 4th for all platforms. I'd assume early PST time zone because that's where CA is stationed and generally does stuff early in the morning to troubleshoot.

Expect what's in the change log and not much else, pretty much everything that's being added is already listed there, it's primarily bug fixes and modding changes to best leave the game off thriving (though a fair - just not guaranteed - chance it'll be revisited in the future)
I would not be surprised if we don't see anything for stardew for 2 or even 3 years after haunted chocolatier

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I would not be surprised if we don't see anything for stardew for 2 or even 3 years after haunted chocolatier
I wouldn't be surprised if the game is never updated again, the patch notes for 1.6.9 seem incredibly thorough and leave the game pretty much at its best for modders to do what they wish with.

I don't necessarily think it'll be so but it's definitely a possibility