How do i get hardwood fast and easy?

Go to the secret woods every day. It's south of your farm to where Marnie is, then straight west from there at the top of the map. You can chop the stumps there for 12 hardwood every day, they respawn each day. You will also occasionally get Mahogany seeds from them. Plant those in places where people won't walk all over them (like along the route from your house to Robin's and especially in the railroad area) to grow trees you can also chop down for hardwood. The process will also accelerate you moving towards foraging 10, at which point you can choose the Lumberjack profession to have a chance for hardwood from any tree.

The secret woods is the answer though; if you have 30 you can have enough to do the upgrade in just 6 days time. Hope that helps!

.cakie

Greenhorn
Go to the secret woods every day. It's south of your farm to where Marnie is, then straight west from there at the top of the map. You can chop the stumps there for 12 hardwood every day, they respawn each day. You will also occasionally get Mahogany seeds from them. Plant those in places where people won't walk all over them (like along the route from your house to Robin's and especially in the railroad area) to grow trees you can also chop down for hardwood. The process will also accelerate you moving towards foraging 10, at which point you can choose the Lumberjack profession to have a chance for hardwood from any tree.

The secret woods is the answer though; if you have 30 you can have enough to do the upgrade in just 6 days time. Hope that helps!
Ok thanks!

The stumps in the secret woods not only give hardwood, but also sometimes mahogany seeds. Mahogany trees grow slower but give about 12 hardwood once full grown. I usually dedicate an area of my farm to letting mahogany trees spread, so I can have a good large supply of hardwood when I need it.

pinga

Farmhand
Gonna agree highly with this: I slept on tree fertilizer for a long time until I tried it and went "wait that is SUPER cheap" and it's a HUGE gamechanger with mahogany seeds.
RIGHT!??? I kept getting tree fertilizer from the bone mill and never used it until one day I need some mahogany ASAP and I remember about the fertilizer so I tried it on them and it grew like in 3 days I think.