New NPC schedules?

Marie5730

Greenhorn
Are there any new schedules for NPC’s for 1.6? I ran into a situation where I am dating Sam and have Penny in the Purple Heart range but they got together to hang out Summer 7 on a Sunday. I am super confused as to why this happened. Anyone know? This is the first time I have even thought about dating or marrying Sam in all of the years I have been playing Stardew.

NetworkerC

Planter
I do recall Penpen’s schedule changing, when you’re at 6 Hearts with either her, or Sam. Turns out Sam’s does, too. Check the rivers near Lewis’ house.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There are some slight changes, as well as changes to their inherent functioning. NPCs will now avoid machinery and items in their way if possible which can shift some stuff about but shouldn't impact anything too much.

pinga

Farmhand
oh. I'm married to sam and his schedule seems to change a bit lately as well! like he used to play skateboards on sat but he never do it anymore. he instead help me fix the fences, feed the pet and farm animals. I wonder why he stopped playing....

Maher46

Farmhand
I noticed Sam’s been a lot more hands-on lately, which is nice but also a bit surprising. I thought he’d be more about chilling on his board.

Marie5730

Greenhorn
oh. I'm married to sam and his schedule seems to change a bit lately as well! like he used to play skateboards on sat but he never do it anymore. he instead help me fix the fences, feed the pet and farm animals. I wonder why he stopped playing....
Thank you

Yeah, that can be a bit confusing! NPC schedules can change, especially if you're triggering events. Even if you’re dating Sam, it seems like he still has interactions with other characters, like Penny. It might be tied to specific friendship levels or story events. Just keep an eye on their hearts, and maybe check a guide for updates on NPC schedules in 1.6.

There are a few new mini-festivals and a new event added that will alter some or all npc shedules during them as well.

Between those, some npc shedules changing after the community center is complete, and after opening the island resort, I like the variety you can get from them. It makes the town feel more lived in. ^_^

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, that can be a bit confusing! NPC schedules can change, especially if you're triggering events. Even if you’re dating Sam, it seems like he still has interactions with other characters, like Penny. It might be tied to specific friendship levels or story events. Just keep an eye on their hearts, and maybe check a guide for updates on NPC schedules in 1.6.
Yeah that's a good one that people often miss, you'll have NPCS who were in pseudo romantic pairings hang out less when you're at high hearts with them.

Bit of a shame that they can't have their platonic relationships but something to keep in mind. Generally the pathing differences are small though (luckily)

Marie5730

Greenhorn
Yes, and Sam will tell farmer that he is taking Penny out to the saloon for a bite to eat but where does Sam take farmer out? He used to say that Sebastian and farmer are his only friends really. Now it's different in a way that I don't really like. It's a little weird and has me thinking of going solo in yet another save. Sam grew on me but I don't like the whole Penny thing. It's not even in their schedules I just ran across it in the game and was confused about it. Thank you all for the replies. People on steam are acting like it's just me that has a problem with it now, when I know that others must have an issue with Sam and Penny hanging out when they are dating them. It just feels I don't know a little like cheating after the way that it was. I know they can have friends, but they were more than friends according to concerned ape. It says at the bottom of Penny's schedule that Penny is no longer interested in Sam after you get her t o 8 hearts, well then why are they still going to the saloon together until you marry either one? It makes no sense to me. It feels like Sam is having his cake and eating it too.

Last edited: