Xbox Evelyn hates clams???

SirWiggleton

Greenhorn
I was using the wiki to find a gift to give to evelyn early game as someone who isn't very good. I saw on the wiki that a clam was a liked gift, so i gave her it...she hated it? I'm not sure what happened there and ive seen nowhere else on the forums i could bring this up. If ive posted this in the wrong place please let me know and ill repost elsewhere

Lew Zealand

Helper
I was using the wiki to find a gift to give to evelyn early game as someone who isn't very good. I saw on the wiki that a clam was a liked gift, so i gave her it...she hated it? I'm not sure what happened there and ive seen nowhere else on the forums i could bring this up. If ive posted this in the wrong place please let me know and ill repost elsewhere
Hi SirWiggleton and Welcome to the Forums! Evelyn liking Foraged Beach items like Clams (and Mussels, Shells, etc.) was added in v1.6. You're probably playing on mobile or console which is at v1.5 until Nov. 4th when v1.6 arrives for those platforms. Until then, you may want to look at the very bottom of any wiki entry you read to see if anything was changed for v1.6.

SirWiggleton

Greenhorn
Hi SirWiggleton and Welcome to the Forums! Evelyn liking Foraged Beach items like Clams (and Mussels, Shells, etc.) was added in v1.6. You're probably playing on mobile or console which is at v1.5 until Nov. 4th when v1.6 arrives for those platforms. Until then, you may want to look at the very bottom of any wiki entry you read to see if anything was changed for v1.6.
Yeah i'm on xbox so i had no idea about this since i haven't been part of the online community for the game at all until now. This was super helpful though ill check out the bottom of the wiki next time, thanks :)

Prrsha

Cowpoke
It would be a fun side quest to gift everybody in town their “favorite” gifts. Maybe it could be an optional completion goal or something.

Or perhaps, make certain NPCs tire of certain gifts over time, forcing you to be more creative.

I mean… Abagail must get tired of eating quartz at some point. Variety is the spice of life after all!

SirWiggleton

Greenhorn
It would be a fun side quest to gift everybody in town their “favorite” gifts. Maybe it could be an optional completion goal or something.

Or perhaps, make certain NPCs tire of certain gifts over time, forcing you to be more creative.

I mean… Abagail must get tired of eating quartz at some point. Variety is the spice of life after all!
If Abigail got tired of my hard work getting her quartz then i'm gonna stop taking her out to eat them with me. I put a lot of effort into feeding her those things, she better be grateful.

Lew Zealand

Helper

That's why I try to give her a tasty Amethyst every now for a flavor blast and there's nothing quite like the fiber blast from a good Monster Compendium to sooth the stomach.