In preparation for the eventual release of 1.6

BeBop268170

Farmhand
I'm going for every item, so to prepare for 1.6, I made sure to have an extra for every quality of every fish, to make a smoked version.

I also have at least 5 extra of a given quality of every fruit and mushroom, for the dehydrated version.

Is there anything else I can do to prepare, to make my life easier when 1.6 drops?

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I'm going for every item, so to prepare for 1.6, I made sure to have an extra for every quality of every fish, to make a smoked version.

I also have at least 5 extra of a given quality of every fruit and mushroom, for the dehydrated version.

Is there anything else I can do to prepare, to make my life easier when 1.6 drops?
Smoked fish somehow retain their quality (silver, gold, iridium or no star)!

Dried fruit or mushrooms though, don't!

No matter what your input is, Dehydrators are always going to yield only one quality type of Dried X/Y product...

Lew Zealand

Helper

There are a number of new things you'll probably want to craft in v1.6 and it'll go quicker if you have:

• a stack or more of basic things like Fiber, Sap, Wood, and Stone for some new recipes
• 50-100 Iron Bars and maybe 20 Gold and Iridium will come in handy for the same
• 100 Hardwood or more for other new recipes
• a few dozen of every Tree seed so you can craft multiples of something new
• an Ancient Doll or 3 for a (mostly) cosmetic item
• extras of your fave Skull Cavern Buffs for one of the new events
• an array of mushrooms and crops for a new local quest

An event you'll definitely want to focus on is completely Foraging the new Summer event as you'll get a resource that you'll be constantly short of for a while. Luckily after the event it slowly regenerates so you'll be collecting it from around the main maps for a while.

Make sure you have your main tools up to Iridium Level as that will help with some new features.

Last edited:

BeBop268170

Farmhand
There are a number of new things you'll probably want to craft in v1.6 and it'll go quicker if you have:

• a stack or more of basic things like Fiber, Sap, Wood, and Stone for some new recipes
• 50-100 Iron Bars and maybe 20 Gold and Iridium will come in handy for the same
• 100 Hardwood or more for other new recipes
• a few dozen of every Tree seed so you can craft multiples of something new
• an Ancient Doll or 3 for a (mostly) cosmetic item
• extras of your fave Skull Cavern Buffs for one of the new events
• an array of mushrooms and crops for a new local quest

An event you'll definitely want to focus on is completely Foraging the new Summer event as you'll get a resource that you'll be constantly short of for a while. Luckily after the event it slowly regenerates so you'll be collecting it from around the main maps for a while.

Make sure you have your main tools up to Iridium Level as that will help with some new features.
This is exactly the kind of information I wanted, thanks!

I hope I have enough Fiber.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Alongside the items already listed, you'll also want a couple ancient dolls and a way of getting xp really fast, be that a large farm of crops or the infrastructure for a lot of mining

You'll also want to have that infrastructure for mining in general for a certain event revolving around it that locks a lot of items behind being decent at mining (if you don't want to take forever doing the non mining routes that is)