Solved Freeze at Startup(Solved for Me) [Xbox]

That1coolGinger

Greenhorn
I play on Xbox one. Have been playing for a little over 40 hours and the game crashes at the title screen. My other games are working fine. I get pass the concerned ape screens where it says “Press A to start” when I press A the screen freezes and the audio continues for a few seconds before fading out. If I watch the “Press A to start” screen the game just waits for me no freezing/crashes until the moment I press “A”
Allowing the music to play out then pressing “A” the game loaded. Not sure how consistent this will work.

I have restarted my console, uninstalled, and reinstalled the game, tried opening Stardew on a different account on the same console, shut down and unplugged my console for a while the tried again.

Last edited:

BBeri226

Greenhorn
Same here and just started today? I've Uninstalled, turn box off, unplugged, reinstalled and still happening. Never happened before and very frustrating. All my other games work fine...but I just started to really get into this one after finally getting my movie theater open! Sure wish there was an answer to this problem for us.

BBeri226

Greenhorn
Well, I have had limited success the whole uninstall/reinstall/clear cache thing. Sometimes it works, buy having to spend so much time and effort just to load the game has proved to frustrating and for a game I play to relax and enjoy it had become the opposite. Sadly, I am breaking up with Stardew and moving on...I hope you all have better luck than I did.

That1coolGinger

Greenhorn
Hopefully there’s just a bug from a recent update? Hopefully it’s fixed soon. We played for a couple weeks no issues before this started and we start application/wait for music to stop playing/wait about 3-5 minutes/start game/freezes/repeat. Consistently works the 3rd time and if we close and reopen the application it works without having to wait for the music to stop.

That1coolGinger

Greenhorn
I play on Xbox one. Have been playing for a little over 40 hours and the game crashes at the title screen. My other games are working fine. I get pass the concerned ape screens where it says “Press A to start” when I press A the screen freezes and the audio continues for a few seconds before fading out. If I watch the “Press A to start” screen the game just waits for me no freezing/crashes until the moment I press “A”
Allowing the music to play out then pressing “A” the game loaded. Not sure how consistent this will work.

I have restarted my console, uninstalled, and reinstalled the game, tried opening Stardew on a different account on the same console, shut down and unplugged my console for a while the tried again.
I cleared my console’s local saved data and the issue hasn’t recurred. I recommend backing up any saved data you would like to keep before trying the same! Also doing so didn’t remove any of my Stardew saves.

BBeri226

Greenhorn
Hopefully there’s just a bug from a recent update? Hopefully it’s fixed soon. We played for a couple weeks no issues before this started and we start application/wait for music to stop playing/wait about 3-5 minutes/start game/freezes/repeat. Consistently works the 3rd time and if we close and reopen the application it works without having to wait for the music to stop.
OMG, I can't believe this worked, but it did. I had low expectations, but on the 3rd reopen and waiting 5 minutes after the music stopped, it actually started and let me load my game. Awesome and thanks for sharing!!!

That1coolGinger

Greenhorn
OMG, I can't believe this worked, but it did. I had low expectations, but on the 3rd reopen and waiting 5 minutes after the music stopped, it actually started and let me load my game. Awesome and thanks for sharing!!!
Consider clearing your consoles local saved data cash! It’s what worked for me. I can load the game up without any issues now.