hi :)

heheheejin

Greenhorn
hi!
i'm newish to sdv (i played a bit in 2023 on my phone) so i know the basic stuff but i really dont know how to progress in the game T^T i got to fall year 2 when i had played before but i feel like progress wise, i didnt get very far... if anyone has advice for things to try and get done in my first couple of years & to improve my income in the game it would be appreciated thx ^^

heheheejin

Greenhorn
Hello:) Best advice I think is to grow a little bit of everything keep a little bit of everything you find... Welcome to the forum:)
ooh thank you... i've kinda been selling everything that's not in a bundle for the community center ^w^'

Bawby

Farmer
is it star fruit that i always see people making wine or jam or something out of? i have some seeds as a reward from gunther...
Starfruit wine is one of the huge money makers, though I'm content with ancient fruit. Or any fruit and veggie, really. A shed filled with kegs or jars, it doesn't matter what goes in them, you'll have a good payday.

heheheejin

Greenhorn
Starfruit wine is one of the huge money makers, though I'm content with ancient fruit. Or any fruit and veggie, really. A shed filled with kegs or jars, it doesn't matter what goes in them, you'll have a good payday.
i see i see.. does ancient fruit come from ancient seeds?

NetworkerC

Planter
is it star fruit that i always see people making wine or jam or something out of? i have some seeds as a reward from gunther...
If I may, Starfruit and Ancient Fruit are the two most commonly Wine’d, in a little matter of convenience Vs profit margin. Starfruit Wine fetches 3,150G (assuming you choose the Artisan Profession), whereas Ancient Fruit wine loots you 2,310G, however, many players are comfortable on money, by the time Starfruitor Ancient Fruit are grown en masse enough to Wine them a ton.

Not including Deluxe Speed Gro, or the Greenhouse, Starfruit takes 13 days to grow, and only rewards once per seed, twice per year. Ancient Fruit brings forward 1 reward per week, and the plant stays alive until Winter, so brings forward 8 per seed, per year. In hindsight, 6,300G VS 18,480G per seed per year, is a clear winner, huh? Haha!

You would be wise to use Preserves Jars on stuff that sells for cheaper, and to throw higher values into the Kegs.

Wellkerm(it) to our little Wateringhole.

Odin

Staff member
Welcome to the forums! Some good advice on farming from others in this thread, I would add that it's best to "process" any animal products before selling them (if you aren't already). Placing eggs in mayonnaise machines to create mayo, placing milk in cheese presses to create cheese, and so on.

You can also check the wiki to find out what crops will make you the most, this can be useful early on in the game before you have the resources to turn crops into wine or jam. You can find this info on the wiki by searching for each season and scrolling down to the "Crops" section, for example: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Spring#Crops

heheheejin

Greenhorn
Welcome to the forums! Some good advice on farming from others in this thread, I would add that it's best to "process" any animal products before selling them (if you aren't already). Placing eggs in mayonnaise machines to create mayo, placing milk in cheese presses to create cheese, and so on.

You can also check the wiki to find out what crops will make you the most, this can be useful early on in the game before you have the resources to turn crops into wine or jam. You can find this info on the wiki by searching for each season and scrolling down to the "Crops" section, for example: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Spring#Crops
ooh i've been terrible at remembering to feed my cows T T i dont think i can milk them until they're older, unless i'm just not doing it right... ty for the advice ^^

Odin

Staff member
ooh i've been terrible at remembering to feed my cows T T i dont think i can milk them until they're older, unless i'm just not doing it right... ty for the advice ^^
As long as you keep the barn door open and there is grass somewhat close to the barn, the cows will be able to find it and each on their own. However, you will still want to pet your animals each day to keep their happiness from going down. I tend to do that each morning right after watering crops.

Cows should only take about a week or so in game before you can milk them, but you will need a pail from Marnie's first.

heheheejin

Greenhorn
As long as you keep the barn door open and there is grass somewhat close to the barn, the cows will be able to find it and each on their own. However, you will still want to pet your animals each day to keep their happiness from going down. I tend to do that each morning right after watering crops.

Cows should only take about a week or so in game before you can milk them, but you will need a pail from Marnie's first.
WHATTTT I DIDNT KNOW YOU CSN KEEP THE BSRN DOOR OPEN TYTYTY