What should i use my first 5 Iridium bars on?

Lew Zealand

Helper
IMO Ginger island so you can start experiencing those things. However if you really like Mining, then an Iridium Pick can be nice. I prefer Bombs because my Pickaxe fails to explode, make loud noises, or do any cool area-of-effect damage to monsters (OK or myself) even at Iridium level.

So I stick to Bombs. :cbomb:

And spend the Iridium on Willy's boat so I can further enrich him at 1000g per trip to Ginger after I fix it up. Can you imagine how much he charges the rest of the town if the gal who fixed his boat still has to fork over four digits per trip?

Lew Zealand

Helper
And that's even if the Farmer has 10 hearts with Willy :laugh:

This is why I like to go for the Island Obelisk ASAP :wink:
I cannot get those Dragon Teeth fast enough. Each one costs like 3-4000g to get though I really want to get like 4 Stingray ponds next time and just ignore Ginger until I get the full thunder lizard orthodontia set.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There are a few options that are generally "good", I've listed them in what I think is the best order to go about it, it's up to you but the top 3 are definitely high priority:
1. Pickaxe
2. Boat
3. Crystalariums (for infinite jade and ruby and therefore staircases and permanent luck+speed and staircases)
4. other tools
5. iridium bands
6. iridium sprinklers

HaleyRocks

Farmer
In my 1.6 run, i didn't grind for Iridium at all. I earned the statue from Grandpa's Shrine, as my main source of Iridium ore.

The first thing i spent 5 bars on, had been Willy's boat. Then pickaxe, then axe, then Copper Pan. In that order. Iridium pan got me Lucky Rings.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I usually put the first 5 bars toward getting to Ginger Island, because I don't go to the Skull Caverns and thus I can get more iridium from the Volcano.

But I also tend to be very lazy about upgrading everything to iridium (sprinklers, tools, etc.) until I have the Statue of Perfection. I don't rush things.

stardew_luv

Farmer
Always save for Willy’s Boat repair. It’s a requirement (in addition to 200 hardwood and 5 batteries) to get to Ginger Island which is the next adventure in the game after completing community center or Joja development route.

In my very first game, I never got 5 iridium bars. I used fishing to complete the Joja Route, then shelved the game, as a new version was released shortly thereafter.
In my second game, I was on the Beach Farm and watering plants by hand every day so I had used my first 5 Iridium Bars to upgrade my Watering Can to Iridium.
In my last game and now my current game, I had become more adept at combat and used my first 5 Iridium Bars to upgrade my Pickaxe to Iridium.