Friendship levels

Rhiannon

Farmer
I always thought that friendship levels with everyone didn't go down after you made best friends UNLESS you aren't married and you break up with people. I'm trying to figure out why Pierre's relationship went down a heart with me.

Full hearts (8 for marriage candidates you aren't dating & 10 for everyone else) means your friendship points don't degrade over time anymore by not speaking to villagers or giving them gifts. You can still lose friendship points through disliked/hated gifts, choosing a 'bad' dialogue option in cutscenes, getting caught going through the garbage by anyone but Linus, or hitting villagers with the slingshot.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I can't find any :heart: events that would result in losing relationship points with Pierre because of some choice, unless you somehow avoided his 6 :heart: cutscene through getting 10 :heart: with him, which seems near impossible. One thing that could reasonably happen is if Pierre caught you rummaging a Trash can, though you should have seen that dialog unless maybe someone else also caught you at the same time and their dialog superceded Pierre's. Another is accidentally giving Pierre a disliked gift when completing a Help Wanted Board item. Or even that the item he requested was not recognized as the Help item and instead counted as disliked. But that would be a bug, as would :heart: just randomly dropping below 10.

Reactions: Tom

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Friendship stops decaying at 8 hearts for non dating marriage candidates, or 10 hearts for dating marriage candidates and other npcs.

If it ever drops below 10 hearts, it starts up right again, it isn't a toggle where once you reach that level it'll never decay again (could be a nice change though).

There are ways to lower friendship that isn't decay, and since decay stops right at 10 hearts and there isn't a way to see smaller increments past that, most people stop gifting right as they hit 10 hearts instead of the 10.99 or whatever you can get if you want. This is important because it means there usually isn't much of buffer of friendship points, if you give a disliked or hated gift, slingshot them, answer badly on a heart event, or open trash cans in front of npcs (except for linus) they can lose friendship and go below the 10 heart barrier without you ever noticing.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I can't find any :heart: events that would result in losing relationship points with Pierre because of some choice, unless you somehow avoided his 6 :heart: cutscene through getting 10 :heart: with him, which seems near impossible. One thing that could reasonably happen is if Pierre caught you rummaging a Trash can, though you should have seen that dialog unless maybe someone else also caught you at the same time and their dialog superceded Pierre's. Another is accidentally giving Pierre a disliked gift when completing a Help Wanted Board item. Or even that the item he requested was not recognized as the Help item and instead counted as disliked. But that would be a bug, as would :heart: just randomly dropping below 10.
I just edited an upcoming video and he was definitely 8 hearts, I didn't gift him anything or do any quests for him, go through his trash or even saw him. He definitely dropped to 7 hearts. I guess it's time to bug report it.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I just edited an upcoming video and he was definitely 8 hearts, I didn't gift him anything or do any quests for him, go through his trash or even saw him. He definitely dropped to 7 hearts. I guess it's time to bug report it.
Wait! Non-romanceable Villagers like Pierre need to be at 10 :heart: not to lose any :heart: levels. To avoid relationship decay, you need to be at the max level allowed in the game for each player, which is:

10 :heart: for non-eligible persons
10 :heart: for the eligibles you've given a Bouquet to
8 :heart: for the eligibles you haven't given a Bouquet to

Maybe you meant to say you had 10 :heart: with Pierre but if it was 8 then that explains it.

So I have a question regarding Friendship regarding the Statue of Blessings and the book called "Friendship 101":

If you use the Statue of Blessings and get the "Friendship" blessing (60 Friendship points just for talking to NPCs) and have also read the book "Friendship 101" (+10% Friendship boost for all activities that boost Friendship such as talking and giving gifts that are not Disliked or Hated), then would talking to an NPC increase your Friendship with them by 60 or 66?

VampireCake

Farmer
So I have a question regarding Friendship regarding the Statue of Blessings and the book called "Friendship 101":

If you use the Statue of Blessings and get the "Friendship" blessing (60 Friendship points just for talking to NPCs) and have also read the book "Friendship 101" (+10% Friendship boost for all activities that boost Friendship such as talking and giving gifts that are not Disliked or Hated), then would talking to an NPC increase your Friendship with them by 60 or 66?
That's a good question actually. I skimmed over the wiki page on Friendship and it doesn't actually have the Statue of Blessings boost listed. If anyone has a chance to test this situation please let us know, I'm curious now. :happy:

Rhiannon

Farmer
Wait! Non-romanceable Villagers like Pierre need to be at 10 :heart: not to lose any :heart: levels. To avoid relationship decay, you need to be at the max level allowed in the game for each player, which is:

10 :heart: for non-eligible persons
10 :heart: for the eligibles you've given a Bouquet to
8 :heart: for the eligibles you haven't given a Bouquet to

Maybe you meant to say you had 10 :heart: with Pierre but if it was 8 then that explains it.
Ah ok. So once I reach max hearts with any villager, rather that be 8 hearts or 10 hearts, I won't lose hearts anymore. I only had 8 hearts with Pierre. I'm still working on maxing everyone out.

At 8 hearts you can still see two remaining hearts to be filled. 8 is only maxed on villagers who have the last 2 hearts greyed out.

Reactions: Tom

FranklinCherry

Greenhorn
Friendship stops decaying at 8 hearts for non dating marriage candidates, or 10 hearts for dating marriage candidates and other npcs.

If it ever drops below 10 hearts, it starts up right again, it isn't a toggle where once you reach that level it'll never decay again (could be a nice change though).

There are ways to lower friendship that isn't decay, and since decay stops right at 10 hearts and there isn't a way to see smaller increments past that, most people stop gifting right as they hit 10 hearts instead of the 10.99 or whatever you can get if you want. This is important because it means there usually isn't much of buffer of friendship points, if you give a disliked or hated gift, slingshot them, answer badly on a heart event, or open trash cans in front of npcs (except for linus) they can lose friendship and go below the 10 heart barrier without you ever noticing.

Friendship levels with characters typically remain stable once you reach the "Best Friends" status unless there are specific events triggered in the game that affect relationships negatively. Since you mentioned Pierre's relationship with you went down a heart, it's possible that an event occurred in-game that had a negative impact on your relationship with him. These events could include giving disliked gifts repeatedly, participating in certain festivals where interactions with villagers affect relationships, or triggering specific dialogue choices that NPCs react negatively to. It's also worth noting that occasional bugs or unintended game mechanics might affect relationships, so checking recent interactions or events in-game could provide clues to why Pierre's friendship level decreased. My sister needed help with her coursework and decided to try https://domypaper.com/ She was very pleased with the service. The writer delivered a high-quality, well-researched paper on time, which helped her achieve a good grade. The process was smooth and stress-free, and she was very happy with the overall experience. She would definitely use this service again.
Thanks for the info, I will keep it in mind.

Last edited: