Donated 60 items to the museum, but still no sewer key

Ereo

Helper
Are you playing stardew valley with mods? Because some mods change the storyline.

for example in Stardew Valley Expanded, you get the sewer key from Marlon, not Gunther. I’m not sure if there are other mods that change it as well.

I know it's supposed to be 60, and the wiki says 60, but I've never received the sewer key until 64 donations. Once I add the 64th item, the cutscene happens when I leave the farmhouse the next morning.

Draconifors

Planter
i am up tp 57 things but how do you get more? i find one occasionally at the desert but mostly i get clay and seeds.
Different types of geodes can contain different minerals, which may be one thing. Make sure to open regular, magma, and frozen geodes if you haven't yet.
Omni geodes have no minerals not found anywhere else so aren't strictly necessary to open, but they can have all types of minerals and do have the best variety of items.

i am up tp 57 things but how do you get more? i find one occasionally at the desert but mostly i get clay and seeds.
Minerals and gems make up over half of the museum collection, so mining for geodes is a reliable way to make donations. Also quartz and the others on the ground in the mines.

Some artifacts drop as loot from monsters, especially skeletons and coal sprites. You can also find artifacts by digging with your hoe in dirt floor areas in the mines. You can dig up all the dirt, leave so it resets, and go back and dig it all up again.

Different artifacts can be found digging wriggly worm spots in certain areas of the map. For instance, there's a gold mask and gold relic found in the desert. Some will only be in the forest, or town, or the farm. You find the most worm spots in winter. I do a lap of the map, checking everywhere like the beach, spring onion place, secret woods, bus stop, railroad, quarry.

Fishing up chests sometimes gives artifacts. You can also get artifact troves, I think from the desert trader.