1.6 Update Copper Pans

So upon frequently visiting Willy's Shop in the 1.6+ update, I've noticed that he sells Copper Pans after that cutscene with him for removing that Glittering Boulder. Clint can upgrade Copper Pans much like he can upgrade (Pick-)Axes, Hoes, and Watering Cans. Thanks to Willy, any player could still engage in Panning even while Clint is upgrading their main Panning tool!

ATTENTION CLINT:
So when do you plan to follow Willy's lead and sell spare (Pick-)Axes, Hoes, and Watering Cans?

It would be cool if all players in a multi-player game had the opportunity to dig for Artifacts while their main Hoe was being upgraded without constantly requiring trading tools with other players.

VampireCake

Farmer
You sort of can if you build a cabin, it'll have a chest with a set of starter tools in it. You can't upgrade them though. I'm not sure if it still works though, I did it a couple of updates ago.

Jianadaren1

Farmhand
You sort of can if you build a cabin, it'll have a chest with a set of starter tools in it. You can't upgrade them though. I'm not sure if it still works though, I did it a couple of updates ago.
Still works and you can upgrade them, or rather, your farmhands can upgrade them in multiplayer

Still works and you can upgrade them, or rather, your farmhands can upgrade them in multiplayer
Yet sadly, for Player 1 to continue digging for artifacts while his main Hoe is being upgraded by Clint, he'll have to have Player 2 lend him his Hoe and then Player 2 would have to be Hoe-less until Player 1 is done with it.

I guess a better example for the point that I'm trying to make in this post would involve Pick-axes and going into the Mines or Skull Caverns. If Player 1 were upgrading his Pick-Axe at Clint's, then Player 1 would not be able to go into Skull Caverns alone or be forced to rely on bombs and/or explosive ammo + Slingshot if he otherwise wanted to make progress there at his own pace.

However, thanks to Willy in version 1.6+, no one player would ever have to go Pan-less for any length of time once the Glittering Boulder is removed.

Besides, for me, it is important that I go through every playthrough without ever entering Co-op mode since if I did, I would be all too tempted to take advantage of a certain game-breaking exploit.

Elenna101

Farmer
I believe this no longer works in single-player as of version 1.5, you don't get the tools unless you actually have a second person join in.

That being said, you can join in as your own second player if you want (at least on PC), either using split-screen with a controller plugged in or by having a second instance of Stardew open.